9th/10th Doctor TARDIS console "orb".

LeoCor Replicas

Found this a couple years ago in a local vintage shop, and I've finally figured out a display for it. As far as I can tell, this is one of the same IKEA paperweights used on the TARDIS console from 2005-2010. The original product came with a light-up base, but as I got this secondhand, I didn't have one.

Using an old LED puck light, a shower wall flange, some paint, and superglue, I made a proper display stand for it. The puck light original had a rounded lens, but I had to remove it so the paperweight could actually sit on the flange. I gave the exterior of the light a coat of gold paint, and weathered the whole thing accordingly. The light has three modes, solid warm white, shifting RGB mode, and solid RGB color mode. I tend to leave it on shifting mode, as certain shades of light (blues, greens, etc.) don't shine through until it shifts back to other shades (reds, yellows, etc.). The resulting effect gives it an almost lifelike, breathing look. Very TARDIS-y, in my opinion.

orb.jpg
21davidtennanttardiscon.jpg

Last edited:
How dare this go unnoticed! Lovely stuff. I've been meaning to collect all of these for a nonexistant display at home. Maybe one day we'll finish it all!
I really have found myself mining through eBay for all sorts of things, especially the other options for these IKEA paperweights. I managed to collect a couple of electron tubes before moving out of California, but now I actually need to display the stuff properly! Next item I'm trying to acquire are some of the Bakelite items and the tea light pyramids.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back