Your opinion on this pulse rifle, please?

tommin

Sr Member
Got all the parts dry fitted this afternoon. Getting ready for paint. It's going to end up for sale in the JY or ebay immediately after. What I would like to know is the most 'desirable' finish to apply to it. It can be dressed out in a Brown Bess substitute, Military OD (I've got an extra sling to match this), WY corporate two tone black (which is VERY cool), or stick with the arctic camo theme that's going on here... Heavily weathered or not, it makes no difference to me. I was even considering a paint scheme that resembles Eddie Van Halen's guitar (shroud only)...

april_07.jpg

This is a fairly nice costume or display piece and is very upgradable. Please let me know what you think would work the best. Thanks in advance for your time & feedback.. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tommin @ Apr 1 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1453182[/snapback]</div>
Got all the parts dry fitted this afternoon. Getting ready for paint. It's going to end up for sale in the JY or ebay immediately after. What I would like to know is the most 'desirable' finish to apply to it. It can be dressed out in a Brown Bess substitute, Military OD (I've got an extra sling to match this), WY corporate two tone black (which is VERY cool), or stick with the arctic camo theme that's going on here... Heavily weathered or not, it makes no difference to me. I was even considering a paint scheme that resembles Eddie Van Halen's guitar (shroud only)...

april_07.jpg

This is a fairly nice costume or display piece and is very upgradable. Please let me know what you think would work the best. Thanks in advance for your time & feedback.. :)
[/b]

Perhaps a M41A in similar colours to this Glock? - Got to be of interest to the ladies or the lighter footed marine?

PinkGlockAnniv._DuraCoat.jpg

will you never stop buddy.?...awesome :D

A custom paintjob would be cool, but in regard to your intention to sell it, go either black or bess brown.

Markus

Thanks so much for the feedback on this, fellas. Hmmmm... pink pulse rifle....

Sorry Markus, couldn't help myself. :D

Forgot to mention, that it does have a counter plate that is somewhat visible in the picture. It's resting on the table by the magazine base. I've just not installed it yet until I figure out which version to go with. That window can be cut from the shroud without much effort. But yeah, thanks for pointing that out Luke. That detailed needed to be clarified.

That looks awesome Tommin, I'd probably go for the OD...or possibly black...cause you want to sell it, but I would love to see the Van Halen one day..

Oh and I will be certainly keeping an eye out for this on the JY.

Thanks so much for the feedback on this, fellas.

There was a little confusion via several PMs regarding one suggested paint scheme mentioned above. The following image is one that I finished out last year. This sports the Brown Bess alternative that I was referring to. I'll dig up another picture of it under different lighting conditions and you'll see what it does.

img29.jpg

That one had quite a few more moving parts in it but you should get the general idea from this. But yeah, the Van Halen patters is going to have to be done eventually. :D

Found this while doing some research on the EVH 'style' patterns...

In 2001/2002, Eddie came down hard on anyone utilizing the "stripes" pattern. The first people he went after were those making replica guitars...I am sure he did this in preparation for making the striped Peaveys then the custom Charvels. I had a website dedicated to VH at the time and I had EVH's lawyers on my case until I signed a contract. I still have it around somewhere...I had to agree to put trademark symbols on all the designs EVH said were his (any striped patterns regardless of color)...I had to agree not to sell anything on my site...put disclaimers everywhere. I ended up discontinuing the site because of the restrictions. Long story short, it is hard to find anyone to do the replicas anymore since they were served with cease and desist orders. He even went after the guy who was selling "space tape" kits (the 5150 logo in red reflector tape that Ed used in 1986). I actually bought the last 2 kits he was allowed to sell.[/b]

From site: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Van-Halen-632/e...van-halen-1.htm (accessed 04.04.07)

Makes for an interesting read, eh? :D

Funny, you can get all sorts of EVH replicas on ebay now, and all the parts you need to make your own. Guess now that Eddie's dealing with cancer, he doesn't have time to worry about his paint scheme trademark.

OOOohhhhhh, another PR thread and by another talented craftsman.

Personally, I'd go with the norm, Brown Bess or OD. However, I've also been toying with the idea of doing an urban camo Colonial Marine, and I was thinking of trying a gunmetal shroud, I think that would look cool.

BTW, did you get around to doing the template for the SPAS innards to get the pump to open the chamber? If you did and it's for sale, I'm a definite buyer, that is the best mod EVER....

Cheers,

Kraig

Tommin, You are so fishing for compliments. You, Matsu, SD are all Pristine examples of Uber PR's. Nice work.

IMHO I'd love to get one of those in Black... Different shades of black for different "materials" on the gun. I'm sure there's a better way of trying to communicate what I'm saying here, but it's 9:00am and I haven't had my coffee.

Thanks so much for the kind feedback with this, fellas. :) Sorry for the delay. Lost track of this thread when the board switched.

As for the sliding GL modification, there is opportunity for this one to be converted. It would require some additional metal upgrades though. I still have the templates from that modification but am without a scanner right now.

Just thought I should share a teaser pic of this piece in its current condition before I pull out the bubble wrap this afternoon. ;)

april_07a.jpg

Tommin...would you possibly have an ETA of when you might sneak to a scanner? Yakcam isn't the only Aussie that would love a template of the GL mechanism:)

Regards
Christian

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back