So, last year a guy I sold a pair of Proton Packs asked me if i'd be willing to do his props for his fan film. I agreed, and being unemployed at the time, was more than happy to get the cash flow going again. I'm nearly done with the job, and they've nearly wrapped filming, scenes without ghostbusting that is . . .I haven't finished the packs yet!!
I'm using my old master from two years back when I did a few packs for friends and fellow RPF'ers. I only did about 15 or so, I'm actually not sure . . .anyway, I started getting that master back together, and knew that since the guys on this film wanted packs as cheap as possible, I'd have to cut as many corners as possible, and wound up deciding to do stunt packs that looked heroish, with lights and all, but could still be light and squishable so these guys could at least beat on them a bit.
I've started with my old master, and picked at it, recreating the nicks and dings you can see on things like the OMNI mag, recent pics taken by fans, pics on the GB.com website Sony put out, and even the recent HD and Blu-Ray releases.
Here's where I was a few weeks ago,
I added the bumper onto the main body, as well as the HGA. These both have the space underneath filled in, with just a bit of a indent underneath, to hide the filling. It's actually difficult to see unless you're above it, and should disappear neatly with the black coloring. Same with the cavity under the HGA.
Once out of the mold, I'll be casting it in semi-rigid resin, with a backing of soft foam, over a foam core skeleton that will create cavities for the lights.
Without the ALICE frame, these packs will weigh under ten pounds.
I've got the main body in silicone right now, and will be pulling soon, but I
figured I'd pop some pics up, and get this thing going right up till Halloween!