WIP: Rebel Endor rifle(s)

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You'll recall the work I previously did in this thread.

Here's where I was at in October last year:
endor7.jpg

And here we are today, very close to the finish:
endorassembled1.jpg
endorassembled4.jpg

endorassembled7.jpg
endorassembled8.jpg

endorassembled9.jpg
endorassembled10.jpg

It has a spring loaded trigger and working t-handle, bolt and ejector port. Other than the gray resin M16 receiver shell and trigger, all the other added M16 parts are real.

The following upgrades are still to be made:
-Resin pump grip is to be replaced with a real wooden one.
-Black resin piece behind the pump will be replaced with a real Jackal part.
-Black resin bottom half of the rear ‘shroud’ will be replaced with a real Jackal part.
-Black plastic box with grooves with ammo mag will be replaced with a new correct facing one, also from a real Jackal.
-Missing flash hider will be added once machining is done.
-Extra greeblies to be added (ROTJ style piston halves and original Revell V8/Phantom F4-E model kit parts).
-Adjust lengths of barrel and top tube
-Add weld spots.

I'm going to end up breaking this because I just can't stop picking it up and playing with it! I must also thank the following people for their input/work: Xenomorph, Matsuo, Lichtbringer, Odiwan72, Sidewinder and my 'most secret source', without whom I could not have achieved this level of accuracy ;).

This thing has been six years in the making, by the way.

Last edited:
Re: WIP: Rebel Endor rifle

Kurtboy,

I always wondered about the details of this particular weapon. I loved it when I first saw it in theaters. Having learned more about it, you've nailed it.

Absolutely incredible.

Ted.

Looks great! How long did you end up making the two smaller tube segments at the front? I lengthened mine some because the dimensions I was told were way to short. Yours looks even a little longer than what I have right now.

I completely forgot, I still need to cut some length off the front of the thinnest barrel, and a little off the top tube.

Looks great! How long did you end up making the two smaller tube segments at the front? I lengthened mine some because the dimensions I was told were way to short. Yours looks even a little longer than what I have right now.

Looking great!!! If only I had the time to work on my own two Endor rifles :cry

What is the final barrel length you came up with (upper barrel and the "visible section of the stepped M16 barrel)?
How did you flatten the upper barrel to end level with the upper receiver? I did mine with a rubber hammer but can´t get even results :unsure

Markus

I still need to cut down the barrels as Jason reminded me.

I used a hammer and a block of wood. I didn't get even results either and it's one area I'm still not happy with.

Looking great!!! If only I had the time to work on my own two Endor rifles :cry

What is the final barrel length you came up with (upper barrel and the "visible section of the stepped M16 barrel)?
How did you flatten the upper barrel to end level with the upper receiver? I did mine with a rubber hammer but can´t get even results :unsure

Markus

My pleasure, i´m glad you liked the stuff i made. :) It looks great, really nice. :cool

Btw. in a not to far future we gonna be a little bit more independent when making stuff - i ordered this week a new toy for my basement:

1.jpg

Can you say "ROTJ Delrin pistons"?

:love :D

ROTJ DELRIN PISTONS!

...grooves in scopa rails? DL18 scopes? Han ROTJ side details? =D

My pleasure, i´m glad you liked the stuff i made. :) It looks great, really nice. :cool

Btw. in a not to far future we gonna be a little bit more independent when making stuff - i ordered this week a new toy for my basement:

Can you say "ROTJ Delrin pistons"?

:love :D

Last edited by a moderator:

So this 'Dalek' is going to solve all our blaster problems? :love

"All" may be a little bit to optimistic. :lol

There will be always stuff that needs bigger machines, or is better cnced (it could be modified to cncing, but i have no clue on cnc, so i will refrain to spend additional 2000-3000 $ for a "plug and play set" for trying it).
And sometimes special tools are needed for certain works, tools that are to expensive for 1-3 items of one kind - then it will still be better to go to a machine-shop that already has these tools.

But it should minimize the amount of problems. :)

As for the upper tube and scope rail, I whacked at mine with a rubber mallet with a block under it and had no results. I was hitting it hard enough that it should have completely flattened, so I don't know what kind of aluminum I have! :lol
I'm thinking, and this is just me, that they flattened the tube as a cheat to just get it done. There's no reason the "real" rifle would be made like that when a small .020-.030" shim on the bottom of the scope rail would fit it. So while I might get thrown out of here :lol, I'm going that route.

I know what you mean. I hammered at that thing as hard as I could for at least half an hour to get it where it is now. It still needs a lot more work.

They certainly did just smash it down so that the scope rail would sit flush with the upper receiver. They did it so I did it ;)

As for the upper tube and scope rail, I whacked at mine with a rubber mallet with a block under it and had no results. I was hitting it hard enough that it should have completely flattened, so I don't know what kind of aluminum I have! :lol
I'm thinking, and this is just me, that they flattened the tube as a cheat to just get it done. There's no reason the "real" rifle would be made like that when a small .020-.030" shim on the bottom of the scope rail would fit it. So while I might get thrown out of here :lol, I'm going that route.

Small update. The following parts have been removed and will soon be replaced with original vintage parts, more accurate parts or parts fabricated just like the original prop parts. ;)

oldparts.jpg

A tiny nitpick for accuracy. The pin holding the ejection port door is in backwards. The part with the C clip should be facing the buisness end. The barrel nut is what keeps it from backing out on the real deal.

Aside from the entire build looking utterly amazing, that kind of jumped out me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back