WIP: 1/2 scale WALL•E

Wow, thats alot of updates! Looks freakin amazing :love, boy I would love one of these and you will need to do alittle roach to be his companion! :D

Re: WIP: 1/2 scale WALL•E

With all other projects you've managed to do all this too?!! Thats impossible!!...........certainly for me:lol
All of your work is awesome too to the details!! Many respect!:thumbsup

Mate, I can't believe I've missed this thread. Your skill with both the technical building and details is enhanced in the most astonishing way by your skills as an artist!

Quite simply the most astonishing this I've seen in this genre - and I've seen it done by the best of the best.

Warmest congratulations and wishes for a successful conclusion to this adventure

Amazing!

Neil,

You keep surprising me with your detail and weathering.
Have you ever thought of doing a video walk around progress update?

Scot

Cheers guys :$
Phil, watch it...it's a great little movie :)

I've finished the neck and mounted the head, which can move from left to right.

Apologies for the dark photos.

2177052.jpeg

2287487.jpeg

2213847.jpeg

2248538.jpeg

Neil

Wow, looking really great so far!! I would love to see him driving around at a convention, ala R2D2 :lol

Thanks guys. Scot, the video idea is a nice one, but I just don't have the time unfortunately. I am definitely going to do his little roach buddy though, and Eve....one day. I'd like to do a little 1/2 scale M-O too.

WALL•E's arms are underway:

2241458.jpeg

N

That's a really cute pose to choose, shows innocence yet intelligence. Plus you can avoid all of those difficult moving parts. And as a still model, you'd never need to dust it :)

(Also had a look at your website, it's very impressive! Alot for me to aspire to in terms of skill and technique. Though I didn't realise there were more pictures to look at by clicking on the squares.)

I love the rubix cube shot I seen that before but judging by the size iof the rubix cube your WALL•E might be close to life size!

I love the rubix cube shot I seen that before but judging by the size iof the rubix cube your WALL•E might be close to life size!

I think he may be 1/2 the scale we currently are drawing him at as well.
The Spork, Rubix Cube, Zippo and Light Bulb look correct at that scale.

We were told that his track links were 8" wide; that is how we ended up with 19" across the top.

19" worked great for the large igloo lunchbox cooler but none of the other dimensions worked well but if you build him at half scale the smaller igloo lunchbox works and everything else fits as well.

Scot

Yeah Scot, my WALL•E is half the scale of the Builder's Club drawings. I take it that is 1/2 the scale of this Disney version:

http://www.videosift.com/video/Real-Life-Wall-E-in-Disney-amusement-parks-LA

I think Pixar messed the scale up big-time with the Rubik's cube shots, almost by 2x.

My WALL•E is definitely too small to be 1:1. The trash cubes mine would produce would be really small, and if I made his collection box, you wouldn't be able to fit much in it.

40389099.jpg

Last edited:
If you did add his igloo lunch box notice how the rear detail is tilted into his body.
There are several diferent sizes of this type of igloo cooler.

I think this one is the correct size to match the Rubik's cube, Spork, Boot, and Light Bulb.
p50640z.jpg

http://www.igloo-store.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=personplaymate&T1=IGL+PM+PAL+RED&.

Specifications
Size: 11.75"L x 7.25"W x 12"H
Capacity: 7 Qt. (6L)

This one would be correct for the 8" track and 19" top width dimensions.

p5947z.jpg

http://www.igloo-store.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=personplaymate&T1=IGL+PM+ELITE+RED&.

Specifications
Size: 15.88"L x 10.19"W x 14.88"H
Capacity: 16 Qt. (15L)

I think we may be changing the scale once Jerry is finished with the drawings which would be easy to do in AutoCAD.

Scot

Yeah Scot, my WALL•E is half the sale of the Builder's Club drawings. I take it that that is 1/2 the scale of this one:

http://www.videosift.com/video/Real-Life-Wall-E-in-Disney-amusement-parks-LA

I think Pixar messed the scale up big-time with the Rubik's cube, almost by 2x.

My WALL•E is definitely too small to be 1:1. The trash cubes mine would produce would be really small, and if I made his collection box, you wouldn't be able to fit much trash in it.

40389099.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back