Where's those Megaforce Props ?

propologist

Sr Member
I don't know why i love the cheesyness of this movie but you gotta love those crazy motorcycles. Anyone have any props from it or made anything from it. lol

Last edited:
Re: Where's those Megoforce Props ?

I don't know why i love the cheesyness of this movie but you gotta love those crazy motorcycles. Anyone have any props from it or made anything from it. lol

I used to love that movie as a kid. The buggies, the bikes...man, that was just cool.

This is all I've got...

MFbuggies.jpg

And the movie IS total 80s cheese... but I love it none the less. :lol

Kevin

The poster cracks you up? :lol

How about the flying motorcycles? :)

And poorly stolen from Galactica 1980. Gads. The first four minutes is like a bad CHiPs episode, and then it actually gets worse.

I never did watch that movie. Some time ago it was on tv, I watched the first few minutes before giving up. I just watched it for a longer time on that youtube clip.

I remember the interview Starlog did with Barry Bostwick when it came out. He likened the character to an early Clint Eastwood. Gack.

Sadly, I remember seeing the movie in the theater and thinking it was cool.

Ah, to be young and ignorant again... :) Frankly, the one thing I remember from the movie was the crazy motorcycles with the machine guns. Those would be, for me, the only recognizable prop.

DUDE!!! Get out of my head! I seriously was just thinking about this movie a few days ago! I had forgot the name of it but was making myself laugh thinking about the motorcycles with the cardboard wings.

I always remember this from the back of my G.I. Joe comics for like 5 months...

megaforce_ad-small.jpg

...man, I didn't remember that was Barry Bostwick. Far out.

I remember reading that the vehicles, costumes, and props (the unseen handguns for example) were all designed by Mattel, who had big plans for the toy line. However there is a problem when everything is designed for ease of manufacturing the toys. What may look good as a toy, may not look good when worn by, or used by actual people. :lol

David.

South Coast Army Navy Sales
on Pacific Coast Highway in Mewport Beach, Ca, has had one of the original Megaforce dune buggies chained to the stores signpost since the mid eighties.
It has always been a mecca for me, and everytime I stop by, I kick myself
for not taking photos of this awesome vehicle. When I was a kid, I was a member of 'Megaforce', thanks to an ad in the back of a 'Secret Wars' comic book.

DUDE!!! Get out of my head! I seriously was just thinking about this movie a few days ago! I had forgot the name of it but was making myself laugh thinking about the motorcycles with the cardboard wings.

you know you want to wear a Cmdr. Ace Hunter costume for the next con...NOW i almost assure you there will be NO others there.

And poorly stolen from Galactica 1980. Gads. The first four minutes is like a bad CHiPs episode, and then it actually gets worse.

I never did watch that movie. Some time ago it was on tv, I watched the first few minutes before giving up. I just watched it for a longer time on that youtube clip.

I remember the interview Starlog did with Barry Bostwick when it came out. He likened the character to an early Clint Eastwood. Gack.

Dbuck,

I'd swear that was one of the movies we watched back in Germany.

et. al.,

As for the movie itself... pretty crappy but it had cool vehicles and if I'm not mistaken the U.S. Military contacted the producers of the movie to look into the possibility of replicating some of them for use by the military.

As for props and such, I believe the boots they wore were "Scott" Motocross boots.

mxscottboots.jpg

Dbuck,

I'd swear that was one of the movies we watched back in Germany.

Hmmmm. How much Jack Daniels did I have beforehand?

Maybe it's one of those traumatic memory suppressions. I do remember wanting to see it pretty badly. I thought it looked way cool. And then.....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back