Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Jul 30, 2012, 4:58 PM - Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #1

Other than buying a real Python, where can I find a good replica? It can be blank firing, airsoft, etc. Many thanks.
    Jul 30, 2012, 5:04 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #2

I've been looking and keeping an eye out. There problem is there isn't one good replica out there, but actually you would need to get two and swap some parts on them. Both are usually available on eBay.

You essentially need the grips from: UHC Python .357, 6" Spring Revolver, Silver - BTUA934SW | eBay

But the body from: UHC Python .357, 6" Spring Revolver, Silver - BTUA938S | eBay

I just don't have the funds right now to try an experimental swap.
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Sep 30, 2012, 9:35 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #3

Kerr Avon said: View Post
    I've been looking and keeping an eye out. There problem is there isn't one good replica out there, but actually you would need to get two and swap some parts on them. Both are usually available on eBay.

You essentially need the grips from: UHC Python .357, 6" Spring Revolver, Silver - BTUA934SW | eBay

But the body from: UHC Python .357, 6" Spring Revolver, Silver - BTUA938S | eBay

I just don't have the funds right now to try an experimental swap. i
    Another option is to just purchase the 2nd gun listed and spraypiant the grips brown. This is what I am planning on doing & once im finished I could get some pictures posted if you'd like
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Sep 30, 2012, 9:57 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #4

Big Trifi said: View Post
    Another option is to just purchase the 2nd gun listed and spraypiant the grips brown. This is what I am planning on doing & once im finished I could get some pictures posted if you'd like

Judging by the picture the second airsoft has rubber grips! Painting them may not be possible!
    Also the first airsoft is in fact not a replica of a "Python", no matter what the title says!
    It is a Smith & Wesson model 29-something (can't remember right now). It is modeled after the newer gun with a full under barrel.
    You can tell this by looking at the targeting sight on the front end of the barrel, ramp with the orange piece. And the shape above the trigger guard, no hump in the top/middle like a Colt would have.
    To be honest I don't think the grips off that gun would fit the Python replica!
    Last edited by Petseal; Sep 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: more info
    From
    SoCal
    Sep 30, 2012, 9:58 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #5

or if there was enough interest we could get a real Colt Python with the correct grips cast up and done in rubber. But in reality, the airsoft versions are the best bang for the buck.
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Sep 30, 2012, 10:32 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #6

Did a little checking because I have seen these airsoft guns on the Evike.com site.
    They have this version with the correct handgrips for a Colt Python...
    "UHC Airsoft Revolver - 2.5" Snub Nose Barrel" price $30.00
    They also have the gun itself from the same company so the grips should be interchangeable...
    "UHC UA938 6" Full size Revolver Airsoft Pistol - Silver" $24.99
    So for about $55 plus shipping you could have a very close replica that you could also shoot!!!

Also going back to the first two pics, another way to spot the Python is it has ribbing on top of the barrel and the cylinder release is a pull type. The S&W has no barrel ribbing and the cylinder release is a push type with a thumb pad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AP_UA939_lg.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	116102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AP_938S_lg.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	116103  
    Sep 30, 2012, 11:39 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #7

Pretty sure I was right the first time. The grips in the show are brown, not that cherry red.
    From
    Toronto
    Sep 30, 2012, 11:52 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #8

Damn, I've wanted a snubnose revolver for a while. Hard to find here. I might take a chance and have one shipped over.

Petseal said: View Post
    Did a little checking because I have seen these airsoft guns on the Evike.com site.
    They have this version with the correct handgrips for a Colt Python...
    "UHC Airsoft Revolver - 2.5" Snub Nose Barrel" price $30.00
    They also have the gun itself from the same company so the grips should be interchangeable...
    "UHC UA938 6" Full size Revolver Airsoft Pistol - Silver" $24.99
    So for about $55 plus shipping you could have a very close replica that you could also shoot!!!

Also going back to the first two pics, another way to spot the Python is it has ribbing on top of the barrel and the cylinder release is a pull type. The S&W has no barrel ribbing and the cylinder release is a push type with a thumb pad.
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Oct 1, 2012, 12:17 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #9

Kerr Avon said: View Post
    Pretty sure I was right the first time. The grips in the show are brown, not that cherry red.
    I'm sure they are but it's the shape I was trying to show! Unless the prop in the show has swapped out grips these are the type/shape Colt put on the original Pythons.
  10. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    Oct 1, 2012, 12:45 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #10

I'd check with airsoft boneyard websites like Airsplat.com or even eBay for used or broken pistols. I never buy new for a gun related prop especially if I don't need it to fire.
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Oct 1, 2012, 12:51 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #11

Caveneau said: View Post
    Damn, I've wanted a snubnose revolver for a while. Hard to find here. I might take a chance and have one shipped over.
    I see you are Canadian also so I thought I would share this with you.
    Several months ago I found a site that I thought was located in Canada so I ordered the long barreled Colt look alike pictured above and a P-08 GBB Luger. The revolver was about $90 (after seeing the Evike site I see I was getting burned on this one) and the Luger about $200 so with shipping it cost me over $300.
    So On May 1, 2012 I payed and shortly after I got a shipping notice with a projected May 13, 2012 delivery. A few weeks later I discovered the site was actually in the USA.
    I hoped and prayed they would make it through Customs but around May 18, 2012 I received a "Notice of Detention" from the Canadian Border Services Agency (Customs) telling me that on May 12, 2012 the two airsoft pistols had been seized.
    As of today, Oct. 1, 2012, I am still waiting for a final decision to be made and if it goes against me I have a couple options! Abandon them and they will be destroyed. Or have them shipped back to the seller, at my expense. I have talked to the seller and they will refund the price of the guns only! So I may get some of my money back.
    So be careful if you decide to proceed or better yet find a seller who can bring airsoft into Canada legally. Will cost a little more but safer in the long run!
  12. RPF Premium Member Caveneau's Avatar
    From
    Toronto
    Oct 1, 2012, 11:54 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #12

Thanks Petseal, I've assumed this is to be the case from now on. Any purchase would be a gamble and if it did make it through customs it would probably be due to fluke oversight or negligence on the part of customs.

The price of the snubnose revolver makes me want to take a chance though..

Thanks again,
    Andrew
  13. RPF Premium Member Caveneau's Avatar
    From
    Toronto
    Oct 3, 2012, 12:29 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #13

I took a chance and purchased a 2.5" snub nose revolver from Evike.com. If it's seized by customs...Oh well, not a huge amount of money lost.

I also ordered a mock silencer for my CZ 75 P-07, hopefully, at least that will make it through.
  14. RPF Premium Member msleeper's Avatar
    From
    Atlanta, Jawjuh
    Oct 3, 2012, 12:36 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #14

So, my step-dad is quite a gun collector, and he has several Colt Pythons. Does anyone have any exact information on the screen used one? Someone mentioned casting parts off of a real Python; is that legal? With all of the recent buzz about 3D printed gun parts I'd be concerned about getting in legal trouble by molding and casting from a real gun. (Not trying to get hopes up, I have no idea if he'd even be okay with molding from one of his guns. I'm sure he'd be afraid of any damage.)
  15. RPF Premium Member Caveneau's Avatar
    From
    Toronto
    Oct 3, 2012, 12:42 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #15

Who would really know where it came from?
    If I had the means to make a mold from an original or have a copy made from a 3d printer...I'd go for it, at least just to see how it turns out.

In terms of damage, I'm sure with careful planning it can be avoided.
  16. RPF Premium Member msleeper's Avatar
    From
    Atlanta, Jawjuh
    Oct 3, 2012, 12:50 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #16

Trust me, if it were my own gun, I'd be ordering some molding materials right now, haha.

I mean do we just need the correct grips cast? Or the entire thing?
    From
    Highway To Hell!!!
    Oct 3, 2012, 8:41 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #17

How are the Airsoft guns compared to the real deal in size?

Not trying to hi-jack!

Kenny
  18. Moonriser RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Shadow
    Oct 3, 2012, 8:49 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #18

Smiling Demon said: View Post
    How are the Airsoft guns compared to the real deal in size?

Not trying to hi-jack!

Kenny
    It honestly depends on the manufactorer. If you are referring to te revolvers featured in this post then I will say they are accurate to size. I had bought the silver one with black grips and it was pretty much the same size as my S&W Model 66 no dash .357.
  19. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Oct 3, 2012, 11:52 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #19

20. RPF Premium Member Caveneau's Avatar
    From
    Toronto
    Oct 3, 2012, 6:43 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #20

mmGilbert433 said: View Post

Happy to say I own one of these. It's undersized though(I think). Now in Ontario, pretty much all blank firing guns have been banned.

For example, the ASG 8" Dan Wesson revolver is much larger than this Ekol.
  21. RPF Premium Member Caveneau's Avatar
    From
    Toronto
    Oct 5, 2012, 11:05 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #21

Wow...Evike.com just gave me a full refund for my purchase of the 2.5" snubnose revolver and the mock silencer. Hmmm. They sited the reason for the refund as me not having a proper shipping address. Probably didn't want to bother with the possibility of me complaining if something was seized by customs.
  22. "Don't be a fool" RPF Premium Member Cenobyte's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, Ca
    Oct 5, 2012, 11:53 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #22

I was in a cigar and smoke/hookah shop aces weeks ago and they had a colt python full size authentic looking.....lighter.

Yep, it had a display stand, was heavy and looked like the real thing.

Was around $80 or so iirc.

No orange plug.

I was surprised how real it looked and felt and still be legal.
    From
    Fort Myers Florida
    Oct 6, 2012, 12:36 AM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #23

This is Ricks gun with the corect grips. I've been eyeballing one at a range that I frequent for awhile myself. It's a beast of a gun that's for sure.

Last edited by Hobo Wan Kenobi; Oct 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Better pic
  24. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Oct 11, 2012, 5:38 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #24

Just got home from work and my airsoft colt python came in today. I will be painting the grips tonight and posting pictures of the finished result.... Hope it turns out good haha

Here's the gun I ordered bone stock with the origional Black grips
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gun airsoft org..jpg 
Views:	1229 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	118317  
  25. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Oct 11, 2012, 8:34 PM - Re: Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica? #25

Ok so just finished up painting this Bad Boy and here's the final result!

You can See all pictures as well as more details, along with the painting process in this Thread I just Posted....

http://www.therpf.com/f9/walking-dea...1/#post2521774