Wheel of Time Props

max7

As the final book of The Wheel of Time series is coming out at the start of 2013. I was wondering if anyone has seen or created any Wheel of Time props? I was thinking about creating a few myself if I ever have some free time that is.

Here are a few I was thinking of but there are thousand more:

Callandor- the crystal sword
Perrin’s Hammer - Mah'alleinir
Mats Ashandarei

So the basis of this thread was to see if anyone else had any ideas or inspiration or research / reference for any wheel of time props or maps or cosplay.
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Badali Jewelers has created a good deal of replica jewelry from the books, from the Great Serpent Ring to a few small ter'angreal . no idea as to the quality as I don't own any of it.

The Wheel of Time Jewelry: Great Serpent Ring, Moiraine's Headpiece, Lan's Ring & Mat's Signet Ring

Then there's Windlass Steelcrafts making Rand's heron-marked sword. It's not a bad sword, but it's not stunningly wonderful either.

Heron Mark Sword

Windlass (through Museum Replicas) also replicated Perrin's axe, a Saldean horseman's sword, a Seanchan sword, a Shienaran sword, and Padan Fain's ruby dagger. They started designing the ashandarei, but apparently never got it into production (and the spear in that photo, I'm not sure what it is... Aiel spear? Something else that's not WoT-related?)

A pic of all the replicas together:
weaponsbig.jpg

shienaranbig.jpg

From left to right, Heron sword, Seanchan sword, Saldean sword, Fain's dagger, Perrin's axe, Shienaran sword at bottom

Here's a link for the dagger

Functional Daggers - Padan Fain's Dagger

Valiant Armory has also released a Wheel of Time sword, a nameless Warder's sword, lovely design, really great craftsmanship.

JL601 The Warder Valhalla Sword From Valiant Armoury

Those are all I've seen, wish there were more.

I've not seen any of the potential replicas of the weapons you mentioned, but it would be lovely to see all of them reproduced (I especially like the idea of seeing that ashandarei.)

Last edited:
Been a while since I read the last book but does not Matt wear a fox (?) amulet around his neck , that might make a good prop.

I bought me the heron marked sword about ten years ago. Nothing fantastic, it came with a very plain generic black scabbard. It was definitely cheaper then the $275 they are charging though. I've been wanting Mat's weapon for a long time. There are a ton of different angreal items that would be pretty cool, and some would be easy to make.

Yeah I have seen the jewelry ones before and the heron marked sword which I'm not a huge fan of. I haven't seen the warders sword before which is really good.

The fox head medallion would be a great one to make.

I have been trying to research some reference images for a few props that I would like to see, and there are some great fan art around but the new covers seem to be the best references I can find at the moment.

Perrin's Hammer
9297e2f416a470d6d0ce35b056e11e60.png

Callandor
b9e6d7fb4bd5ab5cfab43160935e0ecb.jpg

also I have thought of some other cool props that I would love to have on my book shelf next to the full series.

Rands Buddha Angreal

The Choedan Kal Sa'angreal - The access keys which are the man and woman holding a crystal sphere's. (Which could make an awesome bookends!!:))

Crown of swords

Horn of Valere

I plan to keep researching and finding references images or other real life pieces that can be turn into one of these.

Last edited:
Been a while since I read the last book but does not Matt wear a fox (?) amulet around his neck , that might make a good prop.

A silver Foxhead with one eye the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai a Yin Yang symbol. It's supposed to be about the size of the palm of a mans hand, and on the cover of a couple of the novels it was show to span between Matt's collarbones.

Those reference pics look good. I'm really interested to see how it turns out.

There was an interest thread for Callandor but don't know if anything will come of it.
I have been thinking about having a try at making it just trying to figure out what method and materials to use? Any thoughts??

I saw that and thought that a think sheet of clear acrylic could be used to make Callandor

I'll have to think about it, maybe try a few different things. I might just make the whole thing out of wood and mold/cast it. I have so many projects I want to work on right now though... I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Mat's Ashandarei would be first on my list. I'd love to own a replica of Perrin's hammer (Mah'alleinir) too. If anyone ever builds and sells any wheel of time stuff please PM me!

There are so many great props that could be built: Perrin's Hammer, Callandor, the crown of swords, the fox head medallion. The list could go on and on. I really hope people start making a few runs of some WOT props.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back