What ONE prop has made it into the most movies?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NightSeed @ Dec 13 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1377444[/snapback]</div>
The graflex flash gun shows up on alot of large format cams in period movies.....what a weird coincidence, huh? :lol
[/b]

Yeah, I can't believe that so many lightsaber props have been destoryed, just to make replica period camera flashes.

...wait, that's can't be right... :p

you guys probably all seen this already but for those who have not this item is a prop from angel or was it x files cant remember... anyway spot the well known prop part used. and wasnt the falcon in blade runner??
Angel.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SmilingOtter @ Dec 14 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]1377788[/snapback]</div>
The Paramount rock - ST (TOS,) Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey... :)
[/b]

You mean the "Gorn Bluff"? They filmed some of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back there too- the "Arena Diner" scenes. :D

VasquezRocks1.Jpg

-Sarge

As far as Blade Runner stuff goes the Millenium Falcon was used as a building in it(as was the Dark Star), The spinner was used in Back to the Future 2 and Solar Babies as well as a digital version in Star Wars ep2. The Ennis house FLW blocks were used in the origional House on Haunted Hill(the origional movie and house), Black Rain, Rocketeer, Buffy the Vampire slayer, MTV, Farscape, as well as some short lived Fox TV show about a family with a mad scientist father(to name a few)...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darcjedi @ Dec 15 2006, 05:37 AM) [snapback]1378268[/snapback]</div>
the spinner also appears in Soldier in a scrapheap on the garbage dump planet.
[/b]

Forgot that one, thanks. The blocks were also in 13th Floor and Rush Hour.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frosty @ Dec 14 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1377951[/snapback]</div>
So is the the pool skimmers prop still out there?
[/b]
Who knows, you would think it would end up in Seattle.
Most likely it's still for rent, just collecting dust in some warehouse. .

I wonder if the skimmers are still manufactured.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Dec 14 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]1377996[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SmilingOtter @ Dec 14 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]1377788[/snapback]
The Paramount rock - ST (TOS,) Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey... :)
[/b]

You mean the "Gorn Bluff"? They filmed some of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back there too- the "Arena Diner" scenes. :D

[/b][/quote]

Vasquez Rocks. Listing its appearances would take up pages and pages. :)

Off the top of my head, in addition to what's already mentioned, it appeared in a couple of TNG eps ("Who Watches the Watchers" being one), Austin Powers, several music videos...

And yes, the neon thing was indeed in Airplane II. I noticed that right away when I first saw the film on TV, having seen it previously in STII. But wow, I didn't realize it dated as far back as mid 70s Glen Larson shows.

You forgot the airsoft and real Barretta 92f !

Star Trek 4,5,6,
Sea Quest
Robocop film and TV series
Stargate SG-1
etc etc etc

There is also the Vektor CP-1

Firefly
BSG <G1980TNG;)>
5th Element etc.

Last edited:
PKE meter and random flashy tubes take the cake. I have no clue about the Starship Trooper armor, but I've seen the Pulse Rifle copied from ALIENS many times.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back