Visiting Doctor Who: The Experience, offer of photo reference.

Kingpin

This coming Saturday I'll be popping along to Doctor Who: The Experience with the intent of grabbing reference photos of some of the new props they've put in recently, and to grab some higher-resolution photos of some of the existing displays using my new 12 Megapixal camera.

I've extended the offer to fellow Whovians on dw_cosplay and the TARDIS Builders Forum, and I felt it appropriate to extend the same offer here.

I can obviously take "overal" photos of a given item, but I can work to a more specific brief if there are particular details a person is after, within reason of course.

Once I get back I'll post scaled versions here (and can email the raw full-size photos to those requesting them).

Actually, if they have any Cybermen or clockwork droids there, I would really like to get some detail shots. I don't know if they even have those there, though.

Actually, if they have any Cybermen or clockwork droids there, I would really like to get some detail shots. I don't know if they even have those there, though.

There are lots of cybermen, and the cyberleader, but i'm not sure about the clockwork droids.

And don't expect any 9th/10th Sonic Screwdriver shots- all they've got is the mashed up, burnt one from 'Smith and Jones'... rubbish.

I've love good shots of clockwork masks, and any Torchwood stuff, particularly Jack Harkness. I don't even know if they have Torchwood, but it's worth checking.

They have Jack's costume, but I don't recall there being any Torchwood props. I don't believe they had any of the Clockworks.

I echo Risu's request. Any and all pictures of the Cybermen would be particularly welcome, as well as any weaponry. Other props would be nice, too, but the above are my main interests. Oh, and if you see anything related to the Adipose or Adipose Industries, *please* let me know. Thanks!

If they happen to have anything to do with the blue envelopes from Impossible Astronaut (I'm not sure what they actually have that the Experience) that would be great, especially Rivers.

Thanks

I'm now back from the Experience, and whilst it might be a few days until the photos are up, I can report on the various request.

Risu - I think you'll be happy with some of the photos I've managed to get at any rate... unfortunately the setting is pretty dark so it was difficult to discern any ID marks... with one exception. It was pretty badly buffed off, and I don't know if it'll be legible in the photos, but there was a maker's mark on the back of the mirror. If it hasn't come out in mine, then a visit with a torch should proove to be revealing.

I've also gotten a load of photos of the various Cybermen pieces.

Sadly, they do have the head and mask of one of the Space-Age Clockworks from Girl in the Fireplace, but it's in the Experience segment... and thus, unphotographable due to the rules. :(

stormtrooperguy - There wasn't anything Torchwood related... I did get some detail shots of Captain Jack's costume, if it's any consolation.

rollerboi - unfortunately I didn't notice your Adipose request on my print out until after I'd exited the experience. I believe they may have had one Adipose on display.

Ink - Sadly no blue envelopes I'm afraid, I wish they had had them on display.

I echo Risu's request. Any and all pictures of the Cybermen would be particularly welcome, as well as any weaponry. Other props would be nice, too, but the above are my main interests. Oh, and if you see anything related to the Adipose or Adipose Industries, *please* let me know. Thanks!

I've got pics of Adipose stuff from Cardiff, what are you looking for?

Apologies for the delay, but without further ado, the new Mirror Matcher collection:

01mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

02mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

03mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

04mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

05mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

06mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

08mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

09mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

10mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

11mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

12mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

13mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

14mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

15mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

16mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

17mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

19mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

21mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

22mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

23mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

24mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

25mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

26mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

27mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

28mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

29mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

Unfortunately as the Matcher is in a display case in a dimly-lit section, I wasn't able to spot many markings with the naked eye, a number did show up thanks to the flash, but some were still barely readable, as you'll have seen.

I will also be uploading the full-resolution photos to Megaupload, so you can peruse those at your pleasure... I'll probably be doing this tomorrow as I need to break the collection down into parts, as if I uploaded it all in one file, it'd take several hours to complete.

Apologies for the delay, but without further ado, the new Mirror Matcher collection:

01mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

02mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

03mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

04mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

05mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

06mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

08mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

09mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

10mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

11mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

12mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

13mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

14mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

15mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

16mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

17mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

19mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

21mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

22mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

23mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

24mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

25mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

26mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

27mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

28mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

29mirrormatchervincenta.jpg

Unfortunately as the Matcher is in a display case in a dimly-lit section, I wasn't able to spot many markings with the naked eye, a number did show up thanks to the flash, but some were still barely readable, as you'll have seen.

I will also be uploading the full-resolution photos to Megaupload, so you can peruse those at your pleasure... I'll probably be doing this tomorrow as I need to break the collection down into parts, as if I uploaded it all in one file, it'd take several hours to complete.

More to come concerning the other requests that were made.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back