Update..Pic of Sarlacc Run at bottom of stairs!!

hankey01

Sr Member
When I painted my home theater door I dripped black paint on the carpet (and a couple red and a couple beige..which don't matter AS much on beige carpet). At the time I tried rubbing alcohol to remove it..just a dark smear after that.

After leaving it for a few months and trying a couple of rugs to cover it I got sick of that and tried again last night to remove the stains. I scrubbed using a rag, brush and Goof Off. It seemed better, but now I have larger dark smears..and more of them..the rag must have spread the black..DAMN. After that I tried some simply green, then dishwasher detergent, then a lot of laundry soap.

As of this morning it does look better, but it's hard to tell cuz it is still very wet. The area I scrubbed the most is looking pretty beat up now, and has lifted a bit, and the underlay seems not too great..probably from the Goof Off.

Anyways..getting to the point here. This is the area at the bottom of my stairs in my basement. when you reach the bottom you can go left into my furnace room, or right into my theater. The area of carpet is about 3' x 4' wide.

Since my home theater is Star Wars themed I was thinking it would be kind of cool to put a rug or something at the bottom of the Sarlacc Pit. That way as you go down the stairs it will kind of be like you are heading into the pit...which could be what I call my theater.

I couldn't find much for inexpensive custom designed rugs, but I did find that Wal-Mart will make a woven blanket using an uploaded picture for $130. I'm on the fence about this..and if I'm going to throw away $130 I should look into having that area professionally replaced.

Anyways..IF I decide to do this I would need a high resolution picture of the Sarlacc Pit. The attached image of Luke looking into the pit was the best I could find online..and I do kind of like the idea of having Luke in the picture..even if it does detract from the illusion of walking into the pit. The other picture is more what I was originally thinking.

Anyways..anyone have any suggestions (instead of woven blanket, different images, cheaper methods, etc?)

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited:
Re: Sarlacc Pit High Resolution Pic request

That's a great idea. I never thought to do something like that.

Instead of a rug you could get it printed on paper or card stock and put something clear on top of it. I'm not sure what would be best. Plexi would get scratched. Glass might break. A plastic mat might not be see through enough.

post7581187583814246a35ke8.jpg

:thumbsup

Yes, use the classic OT design... not Audrey III. :lol Cool idea!

It reminds me of your ex too!!!

Just kidding dude,

It actually reminds me of my hemmoroid flare ups!

Thanks for the pic BBDV! Still haven't decided if I will do this.

Haha I knew there would be some jokes here. :)

I thnk it's an awesome idea, original too, I'm jealous I didn't think of it first.

But I'm kinda partial to NOT putting Luke in the picture as everyone who walks to the bottom of the stairs would actually be on the plank themselves and then you could push'em, it'd be really funny....well for you at least.

I think I will probably do this sooner or later...looks like a woven blanket might be my only option. I can't wait until my little guy is older....that will be a fun stairway to play on. ;)

I'll probably have my scrolling LED sign which is over top of this say, "Welcome to The Sarlacc Pit!"

BBDV...the walmart site where you upload the picture is telling me the picture's resolution is too low to make a blanket that size (36" x 50"). I assume it would look fine..they probably just say that for posters that size by default. Any chance you could email me a larger version of that? If not..I'm pretty sure this would look just fine on a blanket.

Last edited:

Yeah nuts to the SE version.Audrey III indeed!:lol
I truly hate that bloody SE Sarlaac.Nowhere near as intimidating as the original.
Sorry but that's the only picture I have of the Sarlaac.

It's a PERFECT pic.

Thanks. I'm sure a woven blanket won't have the clarity of a poster anyways so I'm sue it would look good.

Anyone ever use a woven blanket as a rug? I'll maybe have to stop in walmart and feel one to see..

Jason

Here is a rough pic from CAD...showing my theater and the Sarlacc pit. ;)

I'm going to stop at a Wal mart this weekend and get a feel for the woven blanket before I order one.

Edit: The carpet on the stairs is actually a light beige..sand color!!! It even has speckles throughout. ;)

Last edited:

Well I used a hand carpet cleaner uses water and carpet cleaner). It seemed to take most of the stains out!!!

Unfortunately my obsessiveness too over and I ordered a Sarlacc Pit blanket anyways. Checked walmart...and the woven blanket should work as a rug. Will still be cool to have!

I'm happy that the carpet underneath will hopefully look ok!

Now I have to wait 3-4 weeks for it!

Yeah, I've been thinking simmilarly about making an image of the magic carpet from aladin and doing the same. sarlacc pit does sound fun though. let us know how it turns out!

Finally got my Sarlacc blanket/rug.

Here is how it looks at the bottom of my stairs. It would have fit better oriented the other direction, but the picture looks better from this angle..so the corners are tucked under baseboards as best as I could.

Turned out pretty cool!!

Wow! I agree - great idea!
Especially when the stairs form such narrow shaft you get a creepy 'no way out' -feeling ...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back