Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 29, 2009, 8:29 PM - Up Props #1

I'm really wanting a 'My Adventure Book'

The Grape soda cap would be great, too. Too bad the buzz kills that bid slapped a C&D on the one's here before....
    From
    Southern California
    May 29, 2009, 8:43 PM - Re: Up Props #2

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But if anyone wants to take some of these generic, non-disney related grape bottle caps off my hands, just PM me.
    Last edited by nickytea; May 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM.
    From
    Southern California
    May 29, 2009, 8:52 PM - Re: Up Props #3

Probably not %100 accurate, but Disney Store has a "My Adventure Book" Scrapbook:

http://www.disneystore.com/up-my-adv...1246529/71025/
    From
    Southern California
    Jun 10, 2009, 4:45 PM - Re: Up Props #4

I whipped up a Paradise Falls clipping:

It isn't perfect, but I made it with available reference. I'm sure better reference will make itself available eventually.
  5. RPF Premium Member Funky Jedi's Avatar
    From
    Tulsa Okie-dokie
    Jun 10, 2009, 5:15 PM - Re: Up Props #5

nickytea said: View Post

But if anyone wants to take some of these generic, non-disney related grape bottle caps off my hands, just PM me.
    Could you send me a picture of one of your "completely-non-related-and-in-no-way-looks-to-be-or-ever-will-be-a-replica-of-the-piece-in-the-movie-so-Disney-ignore-this-post" bottle caps?
    Jun 14, 2009, 3:30 AM - Re: Up Props #6

I work at the disney store and when I saw the my adventure book I was wondering the same thing. since I just saw UP this weekend I would like to suggest that as an acurate replica of what is seen in the movie... it's crap. at most you'd be able to use the front cover. the inside pages and the back are all printed with pics of grouchy mr fredricson (sp?) and the kid. for prop replicas I wouldn't recommend anything we sell premade.
    From
    Southern California
    Jun 14, 2009, 8:09 AM - Re: Up Props #7

Drago Lordist said: View Post
    I work at the disney store and when I saw the my adventure book I was wondering the same thing. since I just saw UP this weekend I would like to suggest that as an acurate replica of what is seen in the movie... it's crap. at most you'd be able to use the front cover. the inside pages and the back are all printed with pics of grouchy mr fredricson (sp?) and the kid. for prop replicas I wouldn't recommend anything we sell premade.
    Yeah, even the lettering on the cover is not what is seen in the movie. Not much salvageable there.
  8. RPF Premium Member CaptainEO's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jun 23, 2009, 12:35 AM - Re: Up Props #8

Like the others stated, the Disney "My Adventure Book" isn't screen accurate at all. I still got it, and plan on using it as a base for My Adventure Book prop. I messed around with Photoshop a bit using what little resources I could find, and have come up with this more screen accurate version so far:

I plan on printing the globe out separately so I can tape it on over the top. I have a 300dpi resolution version I'm working on that is the same size as the Disney book, so once I'm done I just plan on pasting it over the current cover. Quick and dirty, but it gets the job done!

I imagine once we get the movie on Blu-Ray, we should be able to pull screenshots from a lot of the pages... but until then...
    From
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Jun 23, 2009, 1:02 AM - Re: Up Props #9

I was able to put a generic, non-disney related grape bottle cap on my wife's dress this evening. Made her cry.
    Laffo.
    From
    Southern California
    Jun 23, 2009, 9:29 AM - Re: Up Props #10

Laffo said: View Post
    I was able to put a generic, non-disney related grape bottle cap on my wife's dress this evening. Made her cry.
    THAT'S what it's all about. Glad to hear it got there safely.
    From
    Sylvania OH
    Jun 23, 2009, 10:00 AM - Re: Up Props #11

I have a few number left of scouting badges as well if anyone is interested.
    From
    Southern California
    Nov 7, 2009, 12:11 PM - Re: Up Props #12

Just a bump to remind cool these generic, non-disney-related grape soda bottle caps are. ;-)

13. RPF Premium Member kurtyboy's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Nov 8, 2009, 11:02 AM - Re: Up Props #13

This is somthing I have on the cards possibly once I finish my current paper prop project that's been going for the last three months...

cboath said: View Post
    I'm really wanting a 'My Adventure Book'

The Grape soda cap would be great, too. Too bad the buzz kills that bid slapped a C&D on the one's here before....
    From
    Zoetermeer, Netherlands
    Nov 8, 2009, 3:52 PM - Re: Up Props #14

Anyone still have one of those non-disney-related grape soda bottle caps?
    From
    the not so void of space
    Nov 11, 2009, 1:20 AM - Re: Up Props #15

Just a bump to remind cool these generic, non-disney-related grape soda bottle caps are. ;-)

I know I love my non-disney-related swag!
  16. RPF Premium Member CaptainEO's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Nov 11, 2009, 1:40 AM - Re: Up Props #16

Now that the Blu-Ray is out, I can't wait for someone to start making a My Adventure Book!

I just watched the movie again on blu, and there are a TON of great shots of the interior pages, shouldn't be too hard to make all the inserts! I'd start on it myself, but I have no way of screen-grabbing the frames...
    From
    United Kingdom
    Nov 11, 2009, 4:54 AM - Re: Up Props #17

That absolutely-in-no-way-related-to-disney bottle cap looks great!
    From
    San Francisco
    Nov 11, 2009, 1:03 PM - Re: Up Props #18

I have both versions of Nickytea's non Disney related, completely generic soda caps and they are fantastic!
    Nov 11, 2009, 5:49 PM - Re: Up Props #19

I would love to see that and have thought about putting together the collar with a sound chip and a few random phrases for my bulldog. The collar would be a hoot.

Doc
    From
    Southern California
    Nov 13, 2009, 2:41 PM - Re: Up Props #20

I've been wanting to do the collar as well, just as a display piece. Shouldn't be too difficult to whip one together. Just have to find some scrap leather in an appropriate wieght.
    From
    Raleigh, NC.
    Nov 13, 2009, 10:26 PM - Re: Up Props #21

I'm going out to get UP for my wife as she's just out of hospital and needs cheering up. If she likes it I think I'm going to need a generic, non-disney related grape bottle cap for her. I'll PM later.
    From
    New Jersey, USA
    Nov 14, 2009, 2:57 AM - Re: Up Props #22

Apparently, there's a book out from Disney called Up: Wilderness Explorers' Guide, which is basically targeted at 4- to 10-year-olds. It is notable mainly for the three pages of stickers which simulate Wilderness Explorer badges. I haven't seen it yet, so I have no idea if it's even close to what the, er, "screen-used" (perhaps "as-rendered" would be better) badges looked like, but if I get the chance I'll post it.
  23. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    Nov 16, 2009, 4:34 AM - Re: Up Props #23

Hey guys, some new links have appeared:

Paul Conrad's blog now has high-res images of drawings, plane tickets, Russell's badges, everything!

http://superrobotmonster.blogspot.co...up-is-out.html

And:

Slashfilm has more high-res poster artwork, some of which appeared in both the travel agent and the Adventure Book.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/11/03/...ns-up-posters/

And I'll have something special to show off in the coming days, so stay tuned...
  24. DAYS WITHOUT INCIDENT: 2 RPF Premium Member
    Nov 16, 2009, 10:12 AM - Re: Up Props #24

Got this with my DVD set. I really like it and comes with some postcards and stickers. Each page is already cut so you can stick your photos or postcards in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	up1.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	17545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	up2.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	17546  
  25. RPF Premium Member CaptainEO's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Nov 20, 2009, 9:18 PM - Re: Up Props #25

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say how much I love my pair of non-disney-related grape soda bottle caps! They look great!