Twilight Zone "The Invader" Research Thread

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I seem to remember a thread on these years ago but cant find it. I know Sideshow made an Invader figure, but they are quite expensive and rare now, did anyone ever make a resin kit version or anything?

EDIT: changed thread title as this is turned into a more type of research thread for making a replica.

Last edited:
Re: Twilight Zone "Invader" figure?

Ah, yes, the little fat man with the stingy gun. :D

"Race of giants! Race of giants here! Do you read me!"
221jt6.jpg

Don't know of any kits that were available. The Sideshow guy s vinyl.

There's one of these things in the Seattle Sci Fi Museum! Or at least there was a few years ago when I went.

- k

Wow,
They have gone up.
I bought one to put on top of my TZ pinball game some years ago.

There may be one at a local comic shop, next time I go I will look and see if it is still there.

I have one of these still in the box. Bought it never opened it. I normally do.

It is by SideshowToy. Is that the same as Sideshow Collectibles?

tz1.jpg

tz2.jpg

Make me an offer, if you in fact are looking for one. Your post isn't really clear.

yup, Sideshow used to be a toy company, but then they got all high end collectible on our ass.

yeah the original retail price was $40. micdavis im definetly interested, ill send a pm.

Still looking for a resin one?

People rarely produce resin pieces once a licensed one is out. Unless it's really lame and the Sideshow one is nice. Beside if you didn't spin mold that sucker it would take a ton of resin. Probably making it cost what they go for on eBay.

Still got mine if you're still interested.

yeah, theyve gone on ebay for decent $40-60 occationally, but most are overpriced, I too have thought of sculpting one and just making a hollowcast. Then i could have my own army!

I found a shopt of what i believe is one of the original puppets and there are quite a few differences to the sideshow figure. The eye visor should be alot more narrow and rounded, and the breathing tube seems alot thicker, as well as the circle is starts from.

invaderpuppet.jpg

And here are some screencaps. Its funny, when she kicks the one down the stairs, you can see his antennae flying off, so it makes sense the puppet pictured above would be missing it.

these are all from youtube, so if anyone has access to the dvd....

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

Clipboard06.jpg

Clipboard07.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Twilight Zone "The Invader"

Wow, the original has does have many differences. I hope someone picks this up - I'd really like to have an accurate invader!

Oh wow, those screen caps and the puppet shot are fantastic! Thanks.

Does anyone have any guesses as to what material the original puppets were made of? I just can't figure it out.

And, micdavis, money is tight. The best I could offer you is original retail price. If you're cool with that, PM me, but I'm sure you could sell it for more on eBay. I'm not looking for a investment-collectible, I want one of these for my permanent prop collection, as it's my all time favorite TZ episode.

the book on google i got the puppet shot from said foam rubber.

Really? I'm surprised they had the budget for that. That stuff was pretty pricey then, wasn't it? Though, I can't figure out was else could look so bulky yet remain so flexible other than a thin molded rubber. That's a shame though, as it probably means none of the originals survive anymore.

Wow, there are some significant differences aren't there.

Looks like some one needs to step up and make a proper one.

:confused:confused:confused

Don't look at me.

invader04zp0.jpg

invader03ig1.jpg

invader02kt8.jpg

invader01ah8.jpg

Compared with Sideshow. THe "real prop" seems to have some sort of item in its left hand as well, a flashlight or tool of some kind, while the vinyl version has an empty hand.

invaderrd4.jpg

Last edited:
Just looks like a second "welt ray" to me. Look at the photo where both are not illuminated, and they look absolutely identical.

Could be you're right. Also I think the one Agnes Moorehead examines is an oversized one and not the same as the puppet has.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back