TOS Black and White Phasers

MccTrek

I'm planning on doing an AA phaser upgrade to the black and white version used in the first few episodes of Star Trek. Aside from the color, what are the differences from the later versions? Is there an extra crispy? Is the P1 release gold or silver? Does the P1 have rails?

I'd love to see some reference photos or prop examples.

Thanks guys!

Welcome aboard! :cool

The Black and Whites are significantly different... if you use the Search here you'll probably find some neat photos and screen grabs. Basically there are no side rails or extra crispy on the p1. The brass "sight plate" is painted black. There is no half-round meter cover, just two square buttons (we think). The p2 has no tail fins, just engraved lines (like the "midgrade" prop which was used later in the series). The p1 releaes pin is the same though, just a brass rod.

k

You might check out my little site www.racprsps.com and the articles in issue 1 & 2 on the Black & White Phasers.

Rich

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Rich, I've visited your sight on occasion, but somehow missed the articles on the first phasers. They were exactly what I was looking for. Judging from the photos, it looks like the sight plate was actually smooth. Very interesting detail...looks like I'll be filling in my AA's extra crispy for this project!

For me the best of all phasers is a B&W with all the bells and whistles that the later ones had.

Gray and bronze (or whatever color handle) just don't cut it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back