Tomb Raider Reborn Prop progress

Hello Kristen!
I came to this forum because i found your quiver tutorial on google :)
I need to say, that your costume is awesome so far! WOW!
At the moment I'm also making a Tomb Raider Reborn Cosplay.. It's soo much fun to create all the stuff, but also very hard for me, because my mother used to do all my cosplay stuff *laugh*
I nearly finished the ice axe... I'm not THAT statisfied, but i think it's ok for the first time doing that.
It would be sooo great if you could help me a bit :)
Thanks and go on with your great work!

Hello Kristen!
I came to this forum because i found your quiver tutorial on google :)
I need to say, that your costume is awesome so far! WOW!
At the moment I'm also making a Tomb Raider Reborn Cosplay.. It's soo much fun to create all the stuff, but also very hard for me, because my mother used to do all my cosplay stuff *laugh*
I nearly finished the ice axe... I'm not THAT statisfied, but i think it's ok for the first time doing that.
It would be sooo great if you could help me a bit :)
Thanks and go on with your great work!

I'd be happy to help any way that i can :D

K.

I haven't played a Lara Croft game since number 2 or so about 10 years ago. (I have played the Uncharted series.) Reading this thread makes me think I'll buy the 2013 version!

So... Final FINAL distressing completed on the new pistol belt. After cutting off the old waist strap and using this Wal Mart belt the whole thing looks and fits better on me.

Hey All...

Here is a look at the progress of the outfit.. this time on ME:

Showing off the Ice Axe a bit

Quick detail of the belt and gear

"Roth! Please come and get me!"

Badass with a Bow

This one's just for fun... nicked it from a blasted Oni Warrior!

There will be more to come, as there's lots of distressing to do on the trousers still, as well as dirt and blood on me. But it's come a very long way since the first shots in this thread.

K.

Yeah, it's a very tricky task for a guy to be able to compliment a female on her work without coming off as creepy. I wonder why that is? Probably because there are so many actual creeps. It's a sad fact. I, myself, have refrained from giving some much-deserved praise and encouragement on several occasions to people on this forum, and even this thread, simply because they were women, for fear that others would perceive my intentions as other than genuine.

But here goes:
I have been on this forum for 13 years and the talent of the new members never ceases to amaze me. You guys have the dedication and attention to detail of a seasoned RPF veteran. Your work is absolutely stellar and the RPF is lucky to have you guys as members. You ladies are all very kind-hearted, quick to help others, open with your methods and tricks of the trade, and just all around beautiful people; all of you.

Thanks for this thread. It's a fun and exciting read and I can't wait to see more.

Fabulous work, ladies.

...and yes, I'm married, so don't even ask. :D

trooper_trent Thank you so much! It really means alot getting encoragement from the veterans. It makes me want to keep on trying. :D

sgtfury4017 Thanks! I try :p

Your build is looking great! I love the weathering on your holster :)

Is that a WE M92 Long Version pistol that you've got? I've been looking everywhere for a Beretta 92f look-alike airsoft that needs minimal modification and is within budget.

Ember Thanks!
The pistol is a steel replica Colt 1911 with a flash supressor fitted to the end. I have never liked Berettas, so i'd opted to go with a Colt. But the blasted thing is TOO heavy... so I'm now thinking of getting an airsoft remington 1911R1 and doing up Roth's Tactical pistol instead.

Very nice work on the ensemble! A tip on the pistol- I'd go with a WE metal 1911, if it were me. 1.) they're cheap for being metal Gas Blowbacks, 2.) they have heft to them, but aren't excessively heavy like steel would be. Here's one you could modify:

Evike.com Airsoft Guns - Airsoft Guns | Evike.com Airsoft Guns - Gas Airsoft Pistols | Evike.com Airsoft Guns - <b>WE / CQB Master</b> | Evike.com Airsoft Guns - WE Newest Version Full Metal 1911 Military Airsoft Gas Blowback |

and here's all of WE's pistols:

Evike.com Airsoft Guns - Airsoft Guns | Evike.com Airsoft Guns - Gas Airsoft Pistols | Evike.com Airsoft Guns - <b>WE / CQB Master</b> |

Hopefully that helps a bit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back