Tobin's Spirit Guide! (RESEARCH SIGN-UP POST 364!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tobin's Spirit Guide! (NEW sample pic pg. 4)

If OB doesn't mind

Why would I mind? Your screenshots. :)

I'm all for adding information to the community, Lord knows much of the information I've managed to acquire thus far have been from sources like GB wiki who are generous enough to share!

I'm trying to craft some logical extrapolations from what we know concerning gozer and Vigo...the wiki site goes into amazing depth on both...but I want to add something to it to not only make it unique but also an interesting read...but it is slow going and mind racking when you are standing on the shoulders of Dan and co...

Chipping away at it. :)

Mostly focusing on the images right now while some of my researchers toil on getting me info. I've found lots of great old etchings & paintings to use so I'm cleaning them up.

Just got a PM from a gentleman that includes a bunch of great entries from Bolivia that I'll be including as well! :thumbsup

:lol that would be me!!! i still need to send u pics of the Ekeko, I am trying to find decent pics of the colonial time period, not the modern commercially used ones.

I feel honor by your decision to use these and calling me a Gentleman lol

I figured I'd check and see how this coming along at this point? What are you looking for in terms of help?
Later,
T

I figured I'd check and see how this coming along at this point? What are you looking for in terms of help?
Later,
T

Still mostly gathering information. :)

If ANYONE has a creature/ghost that they would like to add whether from their own imagination or history feel free to send it to me! Important info is:

-Place of origin (or place most commonly seen)
-Traits
-Visual description
-Accounts of encounters
-Any info on followers
-Images if possible, particularly copyright free ones

Got some great ones from South America from TK-2126_MD recently. Keep it up guys, let's make this thing FULL of info! I will make it as thick as needed, got 500 pages of creatures? I'll make it 500 pages.

After going through some Ancient religious material I've decided to add a bunch of Gods to the mix. The Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Hindu, Taoist, etc...

Whole bunch of new entries! :D

I had heard somewhere on the net that Tobins guide includes the ghosts of Christmas past present and future from a Christmas Carrol.
Any validity or official ghostbuster reference to this?

I had heard somewhere on the net that Tobins guide includes the ghosts of Christmas past present and future from a Christmas Carrol.
Any validity or official ghostbuster reference to this?

They're on my list. I have the original engravings from Dickens' first publishing of A Christmas Carol. :)

I believe they made an appearance in the RGB.

They're on my list. I have the original engravings from Dickens' first publishing of A Christmas Carol. :)

I believe they made an appearance in the RGB.

Oh, OK...Must have missed it on the list.

BTW, im still planning on doing those images for the book. Doing some concept art for a movie right now so I need to put those on hold for a bit.

Thanks.

DS

Of course! Real life always takes priority! :)

Even if we only get one image from you it'll be worth it! :thumbsup

Just a thought, are you going to include things like past life, reincarnation, tarots, and those hauntings that are the past events that play out in current places (not sure what you call those), hell hounds (think you got those thou), willow-o-wisps, and I (and others with me) had a time stop/slow in a certain area not sure if something like that is worth putting in, but mentioned it anyway. Later bros,
T

Just a thought, are you going to include things like past life, reincarnation, tarots, and those hauntings that are the past events that play out in current places (not sure what you call those), hell hounds (think you got those thou), willow-o-wisps, and I (and others with me) had a time stop/slow in a certain area not sure if something like that is worth putting in, but mentioned it anyway. Later bros,
T

Absolutely! If you have any other specific ones let me know. :)

Today marks my first day back actually working on this since the hack. Totally stoked! :D

For your gods, I would also look at Proto-Indo-European religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia about the proposed Proto-Indo-europeans. It explains why certain gods (eg. the lightning god) has a name that is etymologically similar in greek, roman, norse, and even Hindu/vedic religions. It all came from the same place. This theory may or may not have been developed by the 1920's, but I think Tobin, presumably writing about real entities would have noticed the similarity in name and description of said beings throughout the various cultures. You may have to reorganize your geographic headings of your book because of this (many british, european, and middle-eastern creatures have the same origin and wouldn't warrant separate enteries.

P.S. If you have time, could you make a new list of which things you already have good enteries for and which you still need? Thanks.

Cool! I'll have to check them out, I've already thought of "combining" some Gods as a single spirit in multiple manifestations. :)

When I get a chance I'll post a new list. There are some good additions!

Have about 15 entries finished. LONG way to go but I'm getting there!!!

What about some "hand drawn" sketches? Like a villager sketched what he just saw. Some cave or Egyptian drawings could be cool too (prehistoric demons?)

What about some "hand drawn" sketches? Like a villager sketched what he just saw. Some cave or Egyptian drawings could be cool too (prehistoric demons?)

Absolutely. As much as I can I'm using old copyright free imagery which includes things like Egyptian Hyroglyphics. I've been lazy this past week. Tonight I'll post a list of beings that I'm looking for nice high resolution imagery of, hopefully I'll get some folks posting good stuff. :)

Alright. Looking for good copyright free images of:

Gozer the Gozarian
Azetlor the Destroyer (also known as Edmund Hoover)
Vigo
Bigfoot
The Bird of Kildarby
Werechicken
Mee Krah
War
The Ghostmaster
The Boogaloo
Famine
Malachai
Ulyoth
The Servant
Pestilence
Captain Jack Higgins
Borr
Spiderlegs
Death
Domovoi
Nurgoth
Makeoverus Lotsabucks
Charon
The Collector
Old One
Sir Bruce Sans Pitié
Heck House
Water Elemental
Gorgar
Barrow Wight
Valkyries
Guggenheim
The Color from Beyond Space
Kestrel
Chicoloni
Imp
Morgannan
Shifter
Foul Grungy
Nexa
Loki
Pozo
Kishnar
Undines
The Earps
The Harbinger of Ragnarok
The Judge
Anshar
Gremlin
The Prosecutor
The Slob
The Sleaze
The Foster Hearse Ghost
Banshee
Netherworld Jailers
The Glob
Siren
Spriggan
The Three Fates
Quoatle
The Undying One
Slimer
Count Von Blukenpurken
Marduk
Vampire
Aargon
Tiamat
Nathaniel Gregor
Watt
Ab Sai
The Wrath of Ta Odd
Drool
Hob Anagarok
Lothgar
Dib Devlin
Simon Quegg
The Grundel
Orlox
The Master of Shadows
The Dark Rider
Killerwatt
Uncle Horace
Arzun
Cathulhu
Ghash
Robo-Buster
Tolay
Shuggoth
Alpha Trolls
Paul Smart
Dragons
Deep One
Common Trolls
Mountain Trolls
Victor
He Who Walks for all Others
The Boogieman
Count Ivan Vostok
The Headless Horseman
The Sandman
The Phantom
The Unspeakable
Samhain
The Entity from Beyond
Boghound
The Collector
Springheel Jack
4 Horseman of the Apocalypse
Taranis
Baba Yaga
Tooth Fairies (Hellboy based)
Beetlejuice
Vashta Nerada (Shadow monsters from Dr. Who)
Kari- Kari
Lari Lari
Wawa
Mapinguari
Cuculi
Ekeko
El Guajojo
Kusillo

If anyone wants to donate some artwork, either found or made, post a sample!

Any pics you post or send me should be as high resolution as possible and most importantly free of any potential legal issues as I will be eventually doing a run of these. Only post pics if they're yours or very old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back