Been wanting sight beyond sight since i was a lil' bit, and figured I'd share the build :)
Started this back in June or so, but had been really busy with other projects, conventions and such, but now prop season is in full swing, and i'm able to return to this.
Anywhoo, I found some images on the net, which has character reference sheets, and some decent images of the SoO, and drew up my plans based on those and a couple on show images.
right now its a bit sparse imagewise, but its not like a lot had been done, but here's a couple images of what I have so far..
This was made from a large xmas ornament I bought at Walmart when they went on clearance.
Cut the ornament open, then poured resin on the inside & popped it out. the white is thin styrene, which was terribly heat shaped over it (no vacuum former...yet), cut out with an xacto, and glued on. This wound up being covered by a revision, because there were a lot of gaps i didn't like, and wanted to try a different technique. will post that later!
...and an ultra exciting photo of the blade portion. to do the groove, i bevelled two pieces of wood and glued them together to avoid the nuisance of having to carve it out. After they were glued, i rough shaped it on a belt sander and did most of the work with a surform and files.
More wips coming soon! Thanks for looking guys!
Edit: oops! didn't attach refs right, here they are :)