Thor 2 - the new Mjolnir

dead link.

in other news: new costume. ehhhhh

evolution-armure-thor.jpg

At least the hammer head looks to be the same, they do enjoy changing the grip for some reason... I'm not sure I like it

I like it. No harm in changing the handle end, it's more in keeping with the celtic knot pattern on the head of the hammer.
Iron Man 3 this Saturday for me, go Marvel!

The pommel looks gorgeous. It would have been interesting to see them remove the high tech groove line in the wider surface of the hammer head. I realize these aren't real gods but are advanced beings who use tech in a way that comes across like magic, and that high tech looking groove is kind of a reminder of that. But without it, Mjolnir looks way more mythical....

Good catch Nick, I was just looking at that. ;) But they are exactly the same shape as the origianl handle rings which makes it easy, all that needs to be built is the top retainer and the cap. :)

I must say, I think I like the new Mjolnir more than I like the addition of his little loin-cloth. I particularly like the Celtic scrollwork on the pommel. It's a tiny little reinforcement of the new director's plans to make Ashard feel more lived-in, rather than that gaudy, shiny, decidedly un-Viking-like design from the first movie.

I think the simple addition of the scroll work on the pommel has really made this version awesome. If I was to own just one version, it would probably be this one.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back