Are there full sized blueprints of the Nautilus available?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've heard that somewhere on the web one can aquire LARGE scale blueprints of Disney's Nautilus, something that Captain Nemo might find in his sitting room. Anyone have any info on this, or does it even exist?

The Disney Sub group made them available for print off the net. They have benn taken by many and eBayed from there. Last year before the board shut down, there was a fund raiser where they did a huge side long print of the nautilus. There were not that many made, so they are rare to find.

Not sure what you mean by full sized, but on yahoo and google I found versions at a resolution of 5k x 5k and 2.8k x 2.5k or so.

If they were on the sub forum posted above, they sell the whole board on CD since it's not longer up. If the files were made available in the past, you gotta think they're still out there somewhere.

Using the Disneysub site line drawings of the sub with and without the rivets, and pulling up pics so I could see and correct things they had wrong on theirs, I redrew the sub line work and rivets and made myself a 3 foot by 1 foot "blueprint" of the side view. I put a map in the background and did the outer border and all the type to make it look like a vintage print. I had it printed out at Kinkos and put it in a frame to put above my TV.

I'll post a photo later if you want to see it.

Using the Disneysub site line drawings of the sub with and without the rivets, and pulling up pics so I could see and correct things they had wrong on theirs, I redrew the sub line work and rivets and made myself a 3 foot by 1 foot "blueprint" of the side view. I put a map in the background and did the outer border and all the type to make it look like a vintage print. I had it printed out at Kinkos and put it in a frame to put above my TV.

I'll post a photo later if you want to see it.

Are you kidding? :love

Here's a small jpeg I found of the art I did on my work computer.

363663506.jpg

Someone printed me a full size set back in '95. I still have them hanging up, though they sustained a teeny bit of water damage during one of my moves. I also have the large scale scan of the original blueprints saved on my hard drive. It would be quite easy to flip the colors in photoshop to make them white lines on a blue background. All you'd have to do is have them printed out at Staples or FedEx or whatever printing resource you have. Heck, I could get my brother's sign shop to print them out onto canvas. However, the original blueprints were actually two seperate sheets of plans. Sheet one was a port side and dorsal view, and sheet 2 was an exploded front view of the ribs, 1/2 of the fore and aft view of ship from the front, and 1/2 a ventral view.

They guy who gave me a printout of the one I have hanging, combined the two sheets into one large single sheet blueprint by cropping out a lot of the dead space and Disney ownership text and stuff. I've been toying with the idea of having both full sheets printed out in blueprint form. to replace my water damaged single sheet.

I was a member of the old Disney Sub forum and a current member of its replacement "nautilussubmaine.com."

A fellow member, Crespo, a designer by profession, spent years and much on and off line conversation with people "in the know" and came up with what I and many consider to be the ultimate cross section of the interior of the Nautilus. He is reportedly working on deck by deck elevations now.

Here is my copy of the cross section. I don't know if these are still available or not.

000_0279.jpg

... Crespo a designer by profession, came up with what I and many consider to be
the ultimate cross section of the interior (& Exterior)
of the Nautilus.

Crespo aKa David McCamant & Crew started their own Nautilus Group - VULCANIA VOLUNTEERS.

Here are lincs to his current plan offerings:
Exterior:
http://www.vulcaniavolunteers.com/POPUP NP1OF5.swf
interior:
http://www.vulcaniavolunteers.com/POPUP SLSP.swf

As of May, 2012 - David was signed to create, licensed Original
Nautilus ART for Disney via ACME Archive Direct.
http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/WDSPEC01/Nautilus.html?cid=
http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/WDINT453/Expedition-from....html?cid=

David is also a LukasFilms licensed/artist for ACME.
Here is his Ark from Raiders:
http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/INDYSPEC01/Ark-of-the-Covenant.html?cid=
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cboath / "If suitable images are ever found, i have a 42" wide color"
plotter....

I suggest such offers of piracy are posted elsewhere...

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Just starting here and wanted to say thank you to Modeleers for posting my work! With any luck the rest of the interior plans for the Nautilus will be ready by fall.

Cheers,

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a small jpeg I found of the art I did on my work computer.

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL280/1814166/4884796/363663506.jpg

Hi Betamin, Nice job on the Nautilus exterior blue print! Nice composite using my old DisneySub plan; cool.

Hi Everyone, Just starting here and wanted to say thank you to Modeleers for posting my work! With any luck the rest of the interior plans for the Nautilus will be ready by fall.

Cheers,

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Betamin, Nice job on the Nautilus exterior blue print! Nice composite using my old DisneySub plan; cool.

Thanks! That was yours? Those were good and VERY helpful in making the design. I found some black and white versions online with and without rivets, and started with those and pulled up as many pics as I could find of the actual model for added details. That was a time consuming job. lol I ended up printing it out once it was done at 11" tall by 3' wide, and fit it in to a frame from Target. It's above my TV in my apartment. The Nautilus is my favorite submarine. Oh, and I'm a Dave too. :D

Hi Dave, Good to meet you Sir. I'm glad my plans were helpful. Rivets, why did it have to be Rivets... I know the feeling. I had to do all the rivets on the Nautilus SpecPlate by hand and now the entire boat in 3D! She's my favorite submarine too.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back