Terminator M20A series 2 Plasma Pistol made from Nerf Recon

Dr Lobster

Ok, so I know this isn't an actual "replica" prop, but I found this great design on www.goingfaster.com/term2029/ , and the design comes from a reconstruction of the M95A plasma rifle/endo rifle from Terminator 2. Although it is technically not canon, it seemed like a great piece to bring into the Terminator fan film I have been working on for the last year.

Tentatively titled Terminator: Objectives of Future's Past.

I would like to give credit to Christopher T. Shields for his great website, and awesome creation using bits and pieces of the M95A Plasma Rifle.

I constructed this gun from a pair of Nerf Recon CS-6 dart guns, using two pump action slides, and the outer top rail of the upper barrel assembly. It was a assembled using a lot of super glue, Bondo (the most horrible, un-time friendly filler on the face of the planet), a dowel rod, and a good amount of Bass wood.

This is my rough assembled and primed version. I primed it with a can of Walmart $.99 Walmart Gray primer. The red circled areas are the pump action portion of the Recon, the green is the upper barrel portion where the stock connects, and the blue lines point to everything I added with sanded Bass wood.

M20Anerf1.jpg

I had not yet added the upper barrel (from an airsoft rifle) nor the lower dowel rod barrel. The lower fins have not yet been added to the lower barrel and lower grip. I used a clip from a Nerf Stampede and filled in the grooves with Bondo, and sanded down to a rough finish with 220 sandpaper.

M20A final.jpg
The above pics are the design I found on goingfaster.com, a mid construction pic, and my final version including both fins, complete paint with light flat black overspray, and matte polyurethane finish. I am pretty happy with the outcome, and am now ready to venture into an M95A plasma rifle made from a Nerf Longshot CS-6 (having learned from all of the mistakes I made on this one), similar to what Roughneckone (thanks for the inspiration) created, but with some changes.

Here is a larger version of the final product.

M20A final2.jpg

Hello,

Try not to get frustrated. Not everyone who views a thread contributes a comment. :eek

It is a great idea and a nice modification of a Nerf Gun as a base model. :cool

Think carefully when choosing a name for the title. Sometimes if you mention "Nerf" some reactions are "oh no not another one" and then don't even read the thread. Others LOVE nerf mods and read every one of them. Not everyone will appreciate your work. Others will be inspired. You can explore design ideas without spending a lot of time on a base gun using Nerf modifications.

The modification of a nerf gun is no easy task. Design, paint schemes, artistic influences, and creative processes used in the modification show artistic talent and interpretation. Using the base gun is a long time honored Hollywood trick to produce screen worthy props for major productions. Nerf was not around for Lucus Arts when Star Wars was being filmed - so they modified real WWII firearms and created generations of prop collectors imitating their artistic style and recreate their modified masterpieces.

I think the idea of a Terminator Plasma Pistol is AWESOME !! Nice Job. :thumbsup

Gordon

Thanks, I think I was a little drunk when I posted that because it sounds like me when I'm drunk. I've been putting a lot of free time (i.e. sleep time:sleep) into this fan film, which has included lots of research from T1, T2, and the huge database of info out there. I really have been meticulous on the uniform designs in order to keep things as close the first two films as possible. Christopher T. Shields redesign of the Endo rifle into a large pistol setup was genius, and when everyone finally sees it on film, it will look very convincing, and very faithful to Cameron's idea of the future.

Stay posted. I'll be creating a thread with some test shots to show everyone what we are doing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back