Team Fortress 2 Grenade Launcher (finished build)

TLL

Hey there. New guy posting for the first time after lurking for half a year. I'd like to show you people my first attempt at making a prop.

I wanted to have a full scale replica of the Demoman's Grenade Launcher, and since I couldn't find any online, I decided to make it myself.
Also, I wanted it to have spinning chambers, a movable trigger and a working latch system, and I managed to do all of those things.

There's a very extensive writeup of the build process on my blog, so if that's your thing, check it out here:

Team Fortress 2 ? Grenade Launcher « TLL Creations

Otherwise, here are some pictures of the finished prop. Sorry about the photo quality, all I have at the moment is an iPhone. =/

Hope you like it!

Last edited:
I mostly made it out of MDF and PVC pipe. The MF does make it pretty heavy though, had i known that going in to it, I probably would have chosen something lighter for some of the detailing.

Also it took me just about a month from start to finish, but I took lots of breaks during that time.

I was inspired by both you and Zprops to make my own, completely out of cardboard!

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8h2c5p.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8h2byf.jpg

untitled_by_weaslefire-d8h2bqu.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back