Supernatural Demon Killing Knife - anybody made one? Ref pics!

Coz

Sr Member
Nice side view of Rubys knife, scanned from the Companion book (shopped in the engraving line art insert):
attachment.php

Screengrab (glommed via Google) of the opposite side:
attachment.php

Design art for the knife, also from the Companion book - nice lineart of the engraving there too:
attachment.php

Was perusing the net, and found a few Bowie knives, but no match to the blade (the stag handle has changed a little during the show - more like the design art, only one piece).

Please post your replicas, info (size?) and any reference pics you may have! Tempted to pick up a cheap Bowie knife & have at it with the Dremel and some Sculpey.

Coz.

thanks for these people have been looking for decent pics of rubys knife for ages. also what is the name of the book you got these from?

I really hope someone makes this knife, would LOVE to see some copies..even if it's resin or aluminum...I'd still be happy. Prefer the alluminum blade though.

I'e really got to splash out on one of those companion books. What season book is the scan from? I'd say that's as good as a reference point as you'll ever get. Do you intend to male a replica or try and track down an original? I'd say it looks very Japanese, maybe Elk horn handle. I personally would like to see a good replica of this, even if it's resin.

scan I believe are from Season 3's companion, but there are alot of screengrabs out there that show the knife quite a bit. As far as the base knife....I think it was originally a Muella brand knife...my buddy and I have looked at LOTS of bowies...and the guard on the knife is def a Muella type guard..plus they do ALOT of stag handles...just never did find the base knife to use to make it...then again the prop guys could have just roughly used a bowie shape with that guard..who knows.

Yep, Season 3 Official Companion. Not much for us prop guys in ,em tho. Would love to see a visual guide book like the Firefly ones.
Thanks for the info, kysupernatural. will have a look at those.

Will go back through the books & post up any useful pics.

C.

Yep, Season 3 Official Companion. Not much for us prop guys in ,em tho. Would love to see a visual guide book like the Firefly ones.
Thanks for the info, kysupernatural. will have a look at those.

Will go back through the books & post up any useful pics.

C.

VISUAL GUIDE BOOK...yes you're right on there!!! Be like a nice coffee table book with the props,costumes,car,shooting locations,etc...be SUPER NICE!!!!

Hi there! I made one myself out of carboard/paper mache
2014-03-02 14.51.13.jpg
2014-03-02 13.20.34.jpg
2014-03-04 19.42.24.jpgEnd result (without inscription as I'm currently doing it at the moment)

Hopefully I'm gonna make one out of wood and spray the blade to give it a chrome finish. Anyone know the best way to engrave the symbols into the blade?

For wood I would probably use either a woodburning tool or a dremel with an engraving or small carving tip. If it's softer wood, the wood burning tool would probably get a deep enough look. But harder woods I'd go with the dremel. Just be really careful that you're controlling the depth carefully, because the thinness of the blade, it would be really easy to go right through it.

Look for the Supernatural Book season 1 thru 8. then have pics of Ruby's knife plus a photograph of the sheath

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back