Space 1999 - Data Cards

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was looking for information on these. Anyone have screen used pieces or replicas? What about the hand held readers.

Here's a few caps of the cards:

d4213spbow2057m219.jpg

z30959spttsthisep2w219.jpg

b39388sptabc327i219.jpg

m43919spac158n219.jpg

x29182spe334p219.jpg

Watched a few episodes recently and it reminded me of this thread. Figured I'd resurrect it to see if anyone may have some info or pictures.

To me, the "cards" look like your standard pieces of styrene plastic with some thickness (at least from the first picture, for the others, they look like different colors but one of them looks like it's a bit transparent).

To me, the "cards" look like your standard pieces of styrene plastic with some thickness (at least from the first picture, for the others, they look like different colors but one of them looks like it's a bit transparent).

Transparent plastic, that's what I was thinking also.
Reminds me of the Star Trek data cards but without the tapered and rounded ends and not as thick.
Like to get a better grab of the reader/scanner. Looks like it might be a modified found item.
Thanks SurferGeek for resurrecting this thread, defiantly something I would be interested in scratch building. After all I am not just a Star Trek GEEK :)
Later, Petseal

They look to be 1/8in thick. Colored acrylic sheet was available then, probably what they were made from.

Solid color sheets- www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=340&
Clear color sheets- www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=341&

Great link robn1, I think you hit the nail on the head with that site.
It looks to me like the solid color sheets would be a good match.
On the TAP Plastic site they are selling 2' x 2' sheet at $22 but if you click "sample" it shows 4" x 4" piece at $2. So all we need is the size of the data cards used in the show and if they fall in the 4" x 4" range it should be fairly inexpensive to buy them in as many colors as you wish.
Later, Petseal

Yeah, from the caps that I've posted it's pretty evident that they are made from colored acrylic plastic sheets but you never see the whole card and they appear to be slightly different... the top cap showing a tape line detail not evident on the others. As well, there appear to be different sizes.

One of the "screen used" sites had a data card for sale several years back and had a nice picture of it but I can't seem to find it.

The reader does appear to be a found item but that was the best shot that I had on hard drive currently.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back