Sonic Screwdriver stands/ Displays

Vlair

Hey, so I own 5 Sonics, and intend to get at least 4 more, and with my impending moving, my current display simply wont work. As such, I was hoping to see everyone's Sonic Screwdriver stand/Displays, and maybe some DIY instructions. :p

Hey, so I own 5 Sonics, and intend to get at least 4 more, and with my impending moving, my current display simply wont work. As such, I was hoping to see everyone's Sonic Screwdriver stand/Displays, and maybe some DIY instructions. :p

I got this plaque background from Michaels, varnished it, and used brass hooks to attach it. Originally I just had the five (10th Doctor's, the Sonic Pen, The Master's Laser Screwdriver, the Jadoon Scanner and River Song's Screwdriver), but I modified it to display the additional two (the 3rd Doctor's and the 11th Doctor's).

62122_1407853111604_1090730942_30899870_1515639_n.jpg

I've been thinking about doing a framed hanging box with a velvet or felt back to it. If I get around to making it I'll post pictures.

Here's what I made to display mine. It's fairly easy to make. Two wooden slats glued together, holes drilled, painted with black laquer. The nice part of the design is very little is hidden and they are easy to take in an out.

Here is the display that I’m working on for my toy sonics. I started with a cheap shadow box from Biglots that I painted various shades of blue. An old copper door pull was modified and glued to the outside of the box. I then found a piece of thin aluminum that I cut down and attached to the rear of the box. It was then painted with hammered finish paint. The call box letters were then printed onto clear decal paper then applied to the aluminum sheet and then clear coated. I plan to make flat hooks that will attach to the aluminum sheet behind each sonic to secure them in place once finished.

1.jpg

2.jpg

-John

Here is the display that I’m working on for my toy sonics. I started with a cheap shadow box from Biglots that I painted various shades of blue. An old copper door pull was modified and glued to the outside of the box. I then found a piece of thin aluminum that I cut down and attached to the rear of the box. It was then painted with hammered finish paint. The call box letters were then printed onto clear decal paper then applied to the aluminum sheet and then clear coated. I plan to make flat hooks that will attach to the aluminum sheet behind each sonic to secure them in place once finished.

1.jpg

2.jpg

-John

I'm SO stealing this idea!!!!

Fantastic! Brilliant! GERONIMO! Such a great idea I'm surprised it's not officially licensed yet. I may actually have a go at making something similar (though I enjoy having my sonics at my desks for computer snafus)

That is a lovely TARDIS phone panel display for your sonics. I thought about doing something similar when I saw this one on Deviantart earlier in the year - Urstu on deviantART

Looks like you've thought along the same lines as Urstu!

Now, if only I had some sonics too, then I'd be on my way and having a go myself.

Holluba

Thanks for the compliments!
I’m glad you all like it and please by all means use the idea. I had not seen the one on Deviant art. I think I like their design better. Maybe one of these years I will get the sonics modified and repainted to finish the display.

-John

John, I think the idea of a phone panel display is great, but I do feel that your version is the nicer of the two on the basis that you don't have to open it to see the sonics.

When closed, not only does yours show the sonics, but it also looks like a complete panel, where as on the other one it seems to be an "either or" display. Both versions are great, I just feel that yours is better developed and executed, so top marks to you.

Holluba

The Tardis phone display looks incredible! I only have my MFX sonic, no other versions, so my display case is a little simpler

MFXSonic.jpg

I got really lucky with this, I found it in a Charity shop for £1. Nice exotic hardwood construction, and a glass door, nicely put together too. I think it used to house insense sticks? All I did was give it a polish and fit those little support brackets in to hold the screwdriver in place. It's pretty much a perfect fit.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back