Small Soldiers - Gwendy Dolls - Anything similar?

Howlrunner

Sr Member
Having finished up my 12" Archer and Chip Hazard repaints, I'm still on a bit of a Small Soldiers high. :lol

Now, while I'm not talented enough to have a go at sculpting any of the Commando Elite or Gorgonites, I figure that the Gwendy dolls can't be THAT hard to replicate, surely....

I know that the Gwendies were custom sculpted by Stan Winston Studios, but are there any commercially available dolls that look like them (that could be modified/repainted)? Can we track them down?

Here's some pics:

Gwendy1.jpg
Gwendy2.jpg

Gwendy4.jpg

Gwendy5.jpg
Gwendy3.jpg

Gwendy6.jpg

In the late 1990's, Universal Studios Florida had a display of some of the original SS Figures and sets.

In the display, they also had two Gwendys. The dolls looked like they could be modified from both Cy Girl and Barbie-clone parts.

These figures could also be sculpted, but producing soft, rubbery heads would be the main challenge.

Where didyou find these pictures?

Last edited:
BTW, a really great set of SS figures could be made from the 18" Spiderman that was available a few years ago. He is the correct size for Chip and many of the others.

Last edited:
On a bit of a Small Soldiers kick at the moment, so thought I'd bump this old thread.

I've come across Barbies with articulation in the shoulders, elbows, waist, and knees, but so far have not found anything which has all of these point AND wrist and ankle joints. Only ones that have these with ankle joints that I've come across either have ballet shoes sculpted on or the bare feet are at an awkward angle to allow the doll to wear high heel shoes.

I found a perfect one the other day, with all the articulation points, only to then discover that it had sculpted panties (no good for painting the bikini bottoms on).

Small-Soldiers-Gwendy-Doll-1.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back