Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 1, 2013, 6:47 PM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #26

I still have my hasbro 12 inch and 6 inch kenner Chip but i dare not do anything to them because of my nostalgia of getting them the first time.
    so is this still alive and watch the news
    Last edited by Agent Everfree; Aug 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM.
  2. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 1, 2013, 8:54 PM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #27

Yeah still very much alive working on this project as we speak so stay tuned.
    Aug 1, 2013, 8:59 PM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #28

saintmdn said: View Post
    Yeah still very much alive working on this project as we speak so stay tuned.
    yeah if you were to sell them they will most likely cost a pretty penny
  4. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 2, 2013, 5:08 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #29

Yeah they won't be cheap as many hours will be going in to making and hand painting everyone over time I will be making all the characters in 12" available for collectors.
    Aug 2, 2013, 6:37 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #30

And by all means this is hard work and good stuff, are you planning on making boxes for them too?
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 2, 2013, 7:12 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #31

Yeah lots of hard work and yeah I'm hoping to do the boxes to well I'll give it my best attempt anyway :-)
    From
    Scotland
    Aug 2, 2013, 7:17 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #32

I would LOVE to see any of the other Commando Elite figures done full size. Would definitely be after one.

If you could track down the Chip Hazard 3D Paint Model Kit (does come up from time to time, but so rare that I can't even find a pic of it online), some of the pieces from that (grenade, comm unit, etc) could be useful.
    Aug 2, 2013, 7:29 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #33

Trying to find anything these days to do with small soldiers is hard to come by, mostly since its an old film and such if it came out these days people like McFarland and Neca would be making them
    Last edited by Agent Everfree; Aug 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM.
  9. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 2, 2013, 7:52 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #34

Howlrunner said: View Post
    I would LOVE to see any of the other Commando Elite figures done full size. Would definitely be after one.

If you could track down the Chip Hazard 3D Paint Model Kit (does come up from time to time, but so rare that I can't even find a pic of it online), some of the pieces from that (grenade, comm unit, etc) could be useful.
    Well all six commandos in 12" to come :-) I will have to have a look at that 3d kit but I have already made them parts for chip already but I will see how they look so thank you for the information.
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 2, 2013, 10:22 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #35

[QUOTE=Agent Everfree;2997879]Trying to find anything these days to do with small soldiers is hard to come by, mostly since its an old film and such if it came out these days people like McFarland and Neca would be making them[/QU

Yeah I know what you mean some really good toy makers about nowadays
    Aug 2, 2013, 10:53 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #36

Its too bad that none of them will take up making some small soldiers toys.
    do you know how much you will be charging for a chip hazard
  12. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 2, 2013, 11:15 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #37

I have no idea of price for chip or any of the others yet but as soon as I do I will let you know
    Aug 2, 2013, 4:12 PM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #38

That's fair enough, do you have more updated Images? and do you think you would make a step by step tutorial on making them?
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 3, 2013, 12:18 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #39

I want to make a bit more progress before uploading any new pictures and once I've finished making the chip and archer then I might do a video on how I made them but will wait and see how they turn out first.
    From
    Australia
    Aug 3, 2013, 2:09 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #40

Yeah you'd think with the amount of high-end toy companies out there today, and the popularity of 3D printers that a company would take on these toys. A proper replica Chip, and Buzz Lightyear have always been something I've wanted. Kudos for going through with this build.
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 3, 2013, 2:30 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #41

Yeah I know well hopefully I can do these figures near perfect :-)
    Last edited by saintmdn; Aug 3, 2013 at 2:36 AM.
    From
    Scotland
    Aug 5, 2013, 9:15 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #42

If you're interested in making a really accurate Chip, I'd probably start with the lifesize Bubble Bath rather than the Hasbro 12" figure. The Bubble Bath sculpt is more accurate than the 12" figure - especially the head, it's not squashed or stretched too tall like the 12" figure and the facial features just look more like Chip. The elbows do not bend like the 12" figure, but the joints are the accurate sculpt rather than the huge chunky joints on the 12" figure. The only things that let it down (apart from the arms not bending) are that the chest walkie talkie is missing a button and the circular grill detail and the dog tags don't have the skull emblem on them.

That and the fact that the legs are part of a bottle..... I'm planning on filling the bottle part with expanding foam, cutting out the section between the legs and then sculpting in the sections of the legs/boots that are missing (nice fairly smooth surfaces). I thought about grafting the 12" figure legs onto the top half of the bubble bath, but they would just not line up properly.

Still, by far the most accurate sculpt out there at the moment (apart from the movie props and the mega rare Japanese SoftGarage statue).

If you're interested in one of the bubble baths to modify, shoot me a PM.
  18. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 5, 2013, 5:41 PM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #43

Hey I did have the same thought about the bubble bath so I went on a bout 5 month mission to find one eventually I found one on eBay and when it arrived I wasn't to impressed by it its a lot smaller than the 12" figure and the head sculpt apart from being to small just didn't look detailed enough for my liking the film prop is 12" but the prop chip is a lot bulkier than the Hasbro 12" figure but fear not as I should have some really good news to share with you all soon so stay tuned.
  19. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 6, 2013, 4:04 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #44

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1911.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	850.2 KB 
ID:	216502[ATTACH=CONFIG]216503[/TTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1913.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	820.9 KB 
ID:	216504the only thing I might be able to use from the bubble bath is the arms but im not sure yet I might just make a new sculpt of them but like I said hopefully some good news to come very soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1912.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	788.6 KB 
ID:	216503  
  20. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 6, 2013, 4:09 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #45

Please tell me if the 3 images I've just loaded don't come up as I'm having a bit of trouble with my internet atm.
    From
    Scotland
    Aug 6, 2013, 4:56 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #46

You're pictures do work, though there is some unnecessary code in there too.

The bubble bath IS smaller than the 12" figure, but it's such a small difference in size that it's barely noticeable. It's definitely a better sculpt than the 12" figure though, and more accurate.

Still, I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Especially if you do the other Commandos as I've NEVER seen a lifesize representation of ANY of them.
  22. RPF Premium Member TazVader's Avatar
    From
    Burnie, Tasmania, Australia
    Aug 6, 2013, 5:18 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #47

This is a really interesting thread. Keep up the good work guys.

Taz
  23. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Aug 6, 2013, 5:35 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #48

Thanks for letting me know about the pictures howlrunner yeah I know what you mean about the bubble bath the arms are a lot better than the Hasbro figure just a shame the joints don't move and the face shape is better but not good enough for my goal on this project.I can't wait to start on the other commandos just need to get chip right first so that I can get the scale right on the others I'm going to sculpt the heads first tho so you have an idea of what's to come :-).
  24. Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Aug 19, 2013, 6:41 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #49

Really keen to see these too
  25. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Sep 21, 2013, 3:21 AM - Re: small soldiers chip hazard replica #50

Hi everyone like I promised I have some very cool news for you I've been working closely with a huge small soldiers fan (like myself) from the USA who's a proud owner of two very cool busts of archer and chip hazard now these busts from what we can tell have come from the man himself Stan Winston and made from the Stan Winston studios team so these busts are the real deal they are screen accurate to the original props details so they seem to have come from the original moulds and on the base of the busts it says especially made for Jim charmatz now for those who don't know it Jim charmatz is one of the artists who worked on the film small soldiers making props for Stan Winston he designed sculpted painted and was the puppeteer of slamfist so we think these busts were possibly made as a thank you gift at the end of filming now for the good news the very kind owner of the busts who's also a member of this site has very kindly made silicon moulds of these busts so that I can cast and make them into 1:1 12" replica figures :-) now it doesn't get any better than this unless you have the hero props themselves or Stan Winston limited figures he made anyway I have the moulds with me now and can't wait to start this project it's going to be a very fun one to work on.now like I said the props from the film are a lot bulkier than the Hasbro figures so I won't be using the Hasbro figures anymore as I'm going for the best possible replica I can make so stayed tuned for updates and step by step pictures :-).