SL ANH Darth Vader helmet...finally got it finished :D

SithLord

Sr Member
Well the wait was worth it, as I finally got one of my SL ANH copies finished. Please ignore the lenses and grills as I just threw on what I could find today and still have to get more accurate ones. Plus now that I actually own a finished one instead of having the great privilege of showing a couple of other finished ones owned by others in the past, I can actually do some comparisons! :cool: What I was pleasantly surprised about is that paint actually brings out the details even more than on a raw casting. I actually did some post-painting painting, namely to the nosebridge and the inside of the nose because they are actually a lighter shade than the gunmetal. If the painter would like, he may take a bow for really wonderful brushwork. :thumbsup I will be adding a bit more paintwork to particular areas to better reflect the Tantive IV, but couldn't wait to show it. :toothy

SLANHfinF2413b1d.jpg

SLANHfinF2413b2.jpg

As I know this will come up in discussion and there will be the inevitable question about comparing it to the eFX ANH Legend helmet so I'll just cut to the chase and here they are side by side. I did not photoshop the background on this comparison just to show they are actually side by side.

SLANHfinvseFXLegendTS1d.jpg

:cheers

Hi there,

I absolutely love that rough-looking paintjob on that stunning piece and work of art.

And I'd like mine just the same . . . and gift-wrapped, please :D

-Chaim

Congrats on the new toy!
About time you had one painted for your personal collection.

So this is the next Vader flame thread? You know everyone is getting popcorn ready for the red squiggle photos, LOL.

Seriously thought both are great looking helmets. I'm looking forward to the analysis of the two as they relate to each other and to the screen helmet.

Nice comparison. I can see all the differences between the two helmets that I've seen in person in those pics.

That second pic demonstrates the 3D anatomy of that C-scar very nicely as well. :) It's subtle, but it's definitely an actual scar transferred from the Baker mould. In no way is it a paint application.

Glad you finally got your mask Tom. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback so far.

Some more photos. :)

Here is a shot of just the SL ANH mask showing how the C-Scar shows up better with paint reflection of lighting. I put an old C-Scar comparison up for reference.

SLANHmaskCScar.jpg

A comparison of just the masks of the eFX ANH Legend with the finished SL ANH. I just put on some tabs from the 1970s for the photos but haven't put them on permanently yet.

SLANHmaskvseFXANHLegendg1b.jpg

A few more angles just to illustrate differences...

SLANHmaskvseFXANHLegend1d.jpg

And another comparison of the full helmets...

SLANHvseFXANH3b.jpg

Keep in mind that the domes are not so different in size, just that they are sitting at different angles.

Mate looks like it just came off the set. Have to say the positioning of the domes make a big difference, and the darker gunmetal looks much more accurate.

Seriously? Look at the state of that thing, for gods sake, get some sandpaper and fix it up. And, dude, ever heard of a spray can? Brushed? Really?

Bloody amateur.

I wonder if anyone thought that I was being serious? :lol

Stunning Thomas, it looks like it's just off the set :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back