Sinestro movie ring (update 7/16)

Bimmer

Sr Member
Well i thought i'd share a little teaser i have of the concept ring. As many of you know, it is featured in the concept art book for the Green Lantern movie.

Here is the concept work
0529111211.jpg

and here is my teaser

untitled71.jpg

Still plenty of work to be done, but i like where its headed so far.

And no i am no affiliated with Zenix, he is doing his own version :)

Last edited:
Re: Green Lantern Movie - Sinestro Concept ring

Thats dope dude, are you planning on painting it flat black or are you gonna keep it silver?

Both of you guys are off to a great start :)

Now that I'm actually thinking about the design, I'm wondering if the band should be metal all the way around, instead of letting the yellow go through. It's a nice "alien" touch, but if you slap that on your finger as-is, the yellow will look really dull without anything to reflect the light. Just a thought...

And this is a stupid question, but is the concept photo a physical prop or CGI? I can usually tell, but it's more difficult when it's a photo of a photo.

I just got my art book, and i can tell you that the ring is not flat black. If anything it has a sort of green color to it.. Also, its a render and not a physical prop. I highly doubt they actually went through and built the concept rings. Way too much effort on their part.

As far as having a metal band all the way around, i feel like that would block more light than your finger would. Stainless itself isnt very reflective unless its polished, and polishing the inner piece the gem sits on would be nearly impossible.

I want to let as much light through as possible

As far as having a metal band all the way around, i feel like that would block more light than your finger would. Stainless itself isnt very reflective unless its polished, and polishing the inner piece the gem sits on would be nearly impossible.

I want to let as much light through as possible

Ahhh, that makes sense... Thanks for hearing me out though, I'll look forward to seeing your progress :)

You know what I mean though, are you gonna leave it as a metal finish or paint it up

It will probably be left as a metal finish. Even the book has a little conflicting coloration(which looks oddly like green.. on a yellow lantern ring??), i think a stainless finish will be perfectly suitable.

Thanks Kev!

That's looking awsome Bimmer. Can't wait to get my book so I can get a better look at those pics.

So why aren't you making it black(ish) like the concept art?

Well in the book its not blackish, nor is it chrome like i have it here.. I did it because it looked really cool. Its hard to determine what finish is actually on the ring, especially since one was never made and only three pictures of it are publicly available

I'm interested regardless but I think that the green/black/whatever would make the ring look awesome.

Pretty interested here...I try to stay with the greens only but this will get me to make an exception. Very nice!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back