Sideshow - Movie THOR hammer

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thor Hammer Prop Replica - Sideshow Collectibles
Didn't see a thread about this one yet so I thought it'd be nice to discuss this.
From the looks of it, appears to be screen accurate and I like the base it comes with though I think the rock base would have been better.

Price isn't too bad, especially with the Flex-Pay option.
I first hesitated to place the pre-order because Sideshow and Museum Replicas have a tendency to release less-than-accurate prop replicas, but this one actually looks really nice.

Thoughts?

Looks darn nice from where I'm standing. Wish one could be more confident in what the final product will look like with these pre-orders.

It's hollow just so everyone knows. I talked to sideshow yesterday and they called museum replicas and called me back and it does have the runes on the cap, but it is also hollow unlike the classic hammer.

I'd wait to see the real production piece before committing to it. Just remember how different their iron man helmets were from the official photos.

Don't get me wrong, if it looks like their photos, I'll be getting one but I'll wait and see

I'd really love a movie accurate hammer myself. Not too flush at the mo due to other purchases but I'll defo be keeping an eye on the progress of this release.

Placed my order for this a few days ago

Guess I'll have to wait and see. I've not heard good things about MR, but I guess someone has to take the bullet

I'd wait to see the real production piece before committing to it. Just remember how different their iron man helmets were from the official photos.

Don't get me wrong, if it looks like their photos, I'll be getting one but I'll wait and see

If I remember correctly, I think there was something found way back when the MR Iron Man helmet was released that the photos they used to initially sell the helmet were actually images of the screen-used helmet.
With this product, it appears as though the photos are of the actual product.
I went ahead and bit the bullet and placed my pre-order (flex-pay) since I've been waiting for this prop ever since I saw the midnight show of Thor.

The flex pay has you putting down a $40 deposit and my first payment does not come out until March so it works out for me.

As far as it being hallow, that's not a big deal since the head is still metal and weighs 5 pounds. I thought the costume version of the hammer was cool, so this one should not dissapoint.

I think there were a few screen-used hammers that were hollow metal as well.
I will have to watch it again soon, but there is a GREAT featurette on the hammer on the BluRay edition of Thor. They talk about the different weight versions used on set. A very cool featurette for prop fans!

Is there a chance they'll sell out the pre-orders and those of us that wait may have to pay inflated aftermarket prices? Sorry I just seldom order stuff from Sideshow so I'm a little ignorant.

Is there a chance they'll sell out the pre-orders and those of us that wait may have to pay inflated aftermarket prices? Sorry I just seldom order stuff from Sideshow so I'm a little ignorant.

I don't see how many are being made so that's a tough one to call.
Had MR released this item soonafter the initial theatrical release of the movie, there would have been a better chance of it selling out - hitting the iron while it's hot is what selling in this hobby is all about.

On the other hand, there are many out there that are skeptical about the final product quality because of what happened with the Iron Man helmets, which despite being made of metal, were a gross injustice to the original props.

If you're on the fence but really like the prop, it wouldn't hurt to call Sideshow or Museum Replicas to get more information on it to help you decide.
At best, you could do what I did and make the deposit (non refundable) and go for the flex-pay option.

I will have to watch it again soon, but there is a GREAT featurette on the hammer on the BluRay edition of Thor. They talk about the different weight versions used on set. A very cool featurette for prop fans!

yeah, i was watching it 2 nights ago, i like how they simply had the handle screw into the head for quick and easy swaps, very slick

I don't think paying for it is the concern, it's the quality. So putting a deposit down and doing the flex pay doesn't help the matter. Anything from Museum Replicas should be bought with caution to say the least.

I don't think paying for it is the concern, it's the quality. So putting a deposit down and doing the flex pay doesn't help the matter. Anything from Museum Replicas should be bought with caution to say the least.

That pretty much sums it up.
Hopefully, MR has learned from mistakes/shortcuts and pay attention to making something more accurate.

One of my concerns is the pattern detail on the hammer head - is it actually going to be raised or printed on? Is there going to be accurate stitching for the leather? I plan on calling Sideshow and MR to get some further answers. It wouldn't hurt them to post more detailed images of this product, not much to ask considering the price.

One of my concerns is the pattern detail on the hammer head - is it actually going to be raised or printed on? Is there going to be accurate stitching for the leather? I plan on calling Sideshow and MR to get some further answers. It wouldn't hurt them to post more detailed images of this product, not much to ask considering the price.

Please keep us posted on what you find, hate to miss out if it's a winner. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back