Show off your MDF props!

7330881250_1de00115da_c.jpg

:D

My kind of thread ! I love prop replicas made out of any kind of wood. Subscribed & looking forward to see many more posted :)

Orange_Blend, CynderBloc ... fantastic !

CynderBloc, are the darker shades on there wood-filler to be sanded down to smooth, or the natural 'grain' ?

CynderBloc, are the darker shades on there wood-filler to be sanded down to smooth, or the natural 'grain' ?

Neither, it's casting resin that I brushed on. Because MDF is so absorbant, it seeps into the fibres and strengthens it when it cures

You can see the bottom blade is completely dark in comparison to the top blade. Simply because the whole bottom blade has the details in the MDF finished and got a total coat, where the top one still has some work to be done on it so I've only coated the tip

EDIT: I should probably point out the "top blade/bottom blade", it's actually two swords that lock together to form one. This is roughly about the same stage of the build

Untitled-5.jpg

Last edited:
Cool !
Since I have learned how to work with MDF I can´t stop to build props with this great material :D

Warhammer Bolter Gun
IMGP4249.jpg

P1040214.jpg

Chain Sword
IMGP4284.jpg

IMGP4331.jpg

Mass Effect M8 Avenger
e32d6aef.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

Wookie Bowcaster
IMGP4381.jpg

IMGP4205.jpg

Browning Cal 50 for my son
IMGP3342.jpg

IMGP3351.jpg

Biker Scout Sniper Rifle
8e8aa41a.jpg

dc0b92ca.jpg

....and more :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back