Serbu Super Shorty

renegadecow

Got an automated e-mail from TheRPF saying I haven't been around for a while and was inviting me to visit soon, which is weird because I'm here at least once a week and my last build thread was made less than a month ago.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd put up pics of a replica shotgun I've finished recently and it's the Serbu Super Shorty. It's been in a few films, most recently being The Expendables, but I like it most for being in Hawaii Five-0.

The replica is built on an airsoft BE (brand) Mossberg M500 Cruiser. That is to say this is a fully functional replica which can be used for airsoft games. I came across the donor gun from a friend and was in bad shape which needed a lot of repair and parts mostly around the magazine assembly so I decided to turn it into something special instead of just fixing it up.

First step is chopping both the barrel and magazine tube.
IMG_2508.jpg

What the correct length of the Serbu should be next to a spring operated Remington 870 Serbu I've made a couple years back.
IMG_2509.jpg

Fabricated new magazine bracket in the rough.
IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

The same part smothered in epoxy and shaped.
IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

Fabricated magazine adapter, and magazine components.
IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

Folding vertical grip assembly.
IMG_2847.jpg

And finally repainted and assembled.
IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

The automated email is from the fake site, the address has a hyphen in it or something. At least I think it is, remember reading something about it a few weeks ago

The shotgun now works well and a lot louder from the shortened barrel. It holds about 70 bbs which amounts to 14 shots with each launching 5 bbs at a time. Reloading is a bit of a chore though. I have still yet to use it on the weekend in airsoft games to have it chronographed.

That's pretty cool that it functions. That would make a nice little CQB holdout weapon. Nicely done sir

i have a cheap springer that i've wanted to do this to for a while now, think yours is the inspiration i need

Outstanding work Renegadecow! In addition to props I collect NFA (National Firearms Act) items such as the Serbu Super Shorty, see my Remington 870 below...

P1020604.jpg

You nailed the Mossberg version! I'm extremely impressed with the epoxy work you did on the barrel band, it looks real enough to shoot. I think even Mark Serbu himself would be impressed! Great work on the flash-bang grenades too, I "assume" they're props too? Well done!

Thanks! I was actually planning to do the weld marks on the barrel but got too impatient. And yes, I made those M84 nades too. Made them for a friend as the replicas already available are a little too pricey.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back