SaberForge Fury Reveal

Daddy Solo

Hey all. Many months ago I contacted SaberForge about purchasing one of his Fury battle sabers with some custom modifications. Low and behold - he indicated he was working on a revision of that saber (and others) with just the mods I was looking for. In particular, I wanted a lighted AV switch and a sound-ready pommel. Here is what arrived on my doorstep last week, and it is EXACTLY what I wanted and more:
(pics clicky)

full photo album here: SaberForge Fury pictures by toothdk4 - Photobucket

video: SaberForge Fury with NS Neutrino.MOV - YouTube

Specs:
-Fury battle hilt w/ black accents and recessed flutes
- 36" long 1/8" thick PC blade included
- NiMH rechargeable battery pack w/ in-hilt recharge
- white Seoul P4 led
- custom recessed red AV switch
- Novasound Neutrino soundboard
- redesigned screw-off vented pommel

Box contents included a covertech clip, battery charger, instruction letter, warranty card, color changing discs, and even an allen wrench

mods by me:
- addition of TCSS thumbwheels (set screws are OK, but I wanted something a little more "gadgety" looking)
- blade shortened to 33" (personal preference)
- razor blade plug by ARKM (FTW :D)
- brushed aluminum low-profile kill key by Force relics (not shown)

Impressions:
-The hilt is a great one-handed or two-handed rock-solid battle beast (trust me, my 5yr old and 2yr sons took NO mercy on me ;))
-the Neutrino soundboard has a very nifty on-board menu to set the various parameters (no aux button or FoC though)
-the board is loud and can sometimes overpower the speaker, but it isn't a deal breaker.
-the position of the switch is perfect as you cannot accidentally bump it and power the saber down (although the 3sec press to "retract" the blade is a bit too long for my tastes- cest la guerre)

All-in-all a big shout out to SF who (IMHO), has really upped his game (machining, wiring, etc) and continues to routinely crank out new and cool sabers. Thanks for looking!

I recently had to get an Epoch off Saberforge as I was absolutely in love with the look(Especially for the price),through Ebay. I didn't have any problems going that route,and I recommend anyone that really wants one of his sabers but is weary from what they've heard to give the Ebay option a try since you are covered through Ebay's insurance policy if something goes wrong with the whole deal. I just wish I had gotten one with an Antivandal switch installed though...

Nice looking lightsaber!

I generally agree w/ your advice about eBay or even Amazon. As for the AV switches, I know he just got a bunch of custom ones in. Maybe you can reach out to him and see if he can retrofit one for you.

***edit*** as per SF talking about his AV switches over on IRA forum:

"The 16mm just looked to big and bulky, I really like how the 12mm look, and they work perfectly in my hilts without re drilling, so I can upgrade earlier models if customers want that feature."

Last edited:
I agree; I like the variety that SF is putting out with his hilts- decent entry-level hilts with a great price- and upgrading off them is no problem. His quality has improved, and they've got personality.

I asked but he said he only does them with a soundcard + recharge upgrade install. Guess I'm S.O.L. unless I find someone I trust enough to send my saber to for modification. My brisk responses from SF are quickly lowering what respect for SF I had unfortunately :/

I love that blade plug! I want to get one like that but I have a windowed hilt lightsaber,would have to be a custom thing. I'll have to ask that ARKM fellow... :D

I generally agree w/ your advice about eBay or even Amazon. As for the AV switches, I know he just got a bunch of custom ones in. Maybe you can reach out to him and see if he can retrofit one for you.

***edit*** as per SF talking about his AV switches over on IRA forum:

"The 16mm just looked to big and bulky, I really like how the 12mm look, and they work perfectly in my hilts without re drilling, so I can upgrade earlier models if customers want that feature."

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back