ROTJ Jawa Ionization Blaster & Ion Flask scratch build

badmojo

Finally starting to collect the pieces for this build. Won't be 100% accurate but I think I can get pretty close. Decided to go PVC after wandering around Home Depot on my lunch.
ry%3D480

Need to trim a few pieces, but it's still pretty close.

ry%3D480

Cut the stock from a cull piece of 2x6. The trigger is from a broken pair of Vice Grips.

ry%3D480

Last edited:
Re: The "Other" Jawa Ion Blaster - WIP

Sanded off the lettering & other bits on the PVC. Trimmed & sanded to get the right fit. Now I just need to seal the receiver end and glue it up.

ry%3D480

I always like seeing anything to do with Jawas. Looking forward to your finished results. :)

Starting to stray from the design just a bit to fit my tastes. Keeping with the plumbing theme, I thought the barrel needed an Emitter.

ry%3D480

Added a toggle switch and sealed off the rear of the receiver.

ry%3D480

Last edited:

Very nice to see this! It's such a wonderful prop that no one seems to tackle!

Glued it up and started on the paint. Primed it and gave it a light coat of textured paint. The only black paint I had left was an almost empty can of High Heat BBQ paint so I gave it a quick shot just to see it in black. I'm digging the flatness of it, I may decide to go flat instead on Satin.

ry%3D480

I ran into my first real screwup. I glued it in sections and managed to stack & glue the "Threaded" section backwards, with the "Nut" towards the back. Oh well, I can live with it. But I'm pretty happy with my checkering. I found some drawer liner at work and used a 1.5" strip of it.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Re: The "Other" Jawa Ion Blaster + Power Pack - WIP

I'm waiting untill my next day off to dive into fitting the stock so I thought I'd whip up a Power pack/flask rig. I know it's not established that this blaster used one, but I think the style suits it.
Grabbed this old flask and picked up a few mirror rosettes at work. I cut the detail strips from a sheet of perforated sheet metal I use as a background stencil. I like the idea of making the tube/wire removable so I decided to use coax connectors.

ry%3D480

A little hammered bronze, some copper, a touch of black acrylic and half of an old belt.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Wow - I love it already!
What a great way to transform cheapo pipes in an unique prop! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Quick test fit before I break it back down and start priming. Think I'll have shim the rear of the receiver a smidge, the barrel needs to come down a bit. It does pull down when I tighten the barrel screw, but I don't want to tweak it too much.

ry%3D480

Re: The "Other" Jawa Ion Blaster, Power Pack - Done!

Done! Lots of thin layers from the rattle cans. Primer, textured, espresso, flat black, satin black & a tiny bit of silver. Went over the whole thing with brown & orange washes, loading it up in the nooks and crannies. Need to find another piece of coax with a little more flex. May put a piece of wire loom on it while I'm at it. Now I just need to dye my blanket and start on the Jawa.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Re: Jawa Ionization Blaster, Power Pack - Finished!

It looks great! I love to see PVC builds. (I also like to see Star Wars props.) :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back