River Song's book from Doctor Who

I agree calf skin is ideal, but I looked everywhere and couldn't find any. Would you mind sharing your source?

Version 2.0

7078821649_f4266a3006_z.jpg

6932746280_fa9f775729_z.jpg

6932746166_abb5a209bb_z.jpg

So, Risu thinks it's goat now. I have some goat here, and I just don't know that it's right. (It's actually what I'd originally bought for my journal, but I changed my mind and went with calf because the pores are so incredibly visible on the goat skin.)

Now, here's some expensive pre-dyed goatskin, if folks want to see the texture up close: Talas - French Chagreen Number 711 is probably closest to the journal. What do those of you who have seen the book in person think?

I'm in two minds now, don't know whether it's the rassilon sealor the Gallifreyan writing. Any who, we might never know for sure. Just finished my 'book of angels'. Have been waiting for the small studs to arrive.
View attachment 57550
Allot of our customers have been very happy with our version of Rivers Song Diary that they have asked us to take on the Book of the Weeping Angels. Here is our first attempt of the exterior cover only, we will have photo of complete cover in the next couple of days. Let us know what you think, appreciate all feedback.

book_of_the_weeping_angels__tardis__by_joevleather-d5g0l5a.jpg

And here is the finished product, The Book of Weeping Angels. We did this to fit and iPad but we also have the cover available for all Kindles, Nook, and Google Nexus. Let us know what you think.

the_book_of_weeping_angels__doctor_who__by_joevleather-d5g3eul.jpg

Thanks, -J

I 'think' you're delibertaly hijacking a thread because you have not been a member long enough to post in the junkyard. Bad form, Sir! :thumbsdown

I 'think' you're delibertaly hijacking a thread because you have not been a member long enough to post in the junkyard. Bad form, Sir! :thumbsdown

I'm not hijacking and the website does not allow us to post in the junkyard until we have 20 post, so we have no access to that section. We are not posting any kind of links to our site or promoting our company name. We are merely showcasing our skills and our Book of Angels prototype which is what everyone else is doing, so we are abiding by the websites rule.

All we wanted to do is show our work and get commentary, don't think we are doing anything wrong or spamming in any sort.

I'm trying to make the leather version for my friend; what would be the best way to paint it? Going for scrap leather and I'm pretty sure there's not a whole lot of "tardis blue" lying around.
Also, going through the basic steps: you cut the raised bits from scrap cardboard, stick everything on another piece of cardboard and then just cram the leather into all the "deeper" parts, after applying some sort of leather glue. Right? Never done this before (obviously) and I really could use some help.

WOW - these books all look amazing! Thanks for all the tips :D hope to be able to make one myself someday (or should that be *months*) soon - looks like a lot of work has gone into making the journals - specially love the one with all the imagery and writing inside!! Impressive!!! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back