Recast Alert - Maltese Falcon

Ozymandius

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We did get a positive ID on the ass-hat that's been selling cheap copies of my falcon on Craigslist in Phoenix but I never got around to sharing the information. Thought it would be be to put this on a clearly labeled thread so that everyone would know to avoid this slimeball.

Name: Gregg/Greg Mccleod
Phone: 602-330-5001
Business Address: Vision Tv, 15210 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85022
RPF username: Ransome
LinkedIn: Greg Mccloud profiles | LinkedIn

The name, email, and address are all positive matches with the guy I sold a falcon to in April 2011.

PS. Thanks to to Nick Fox for finding him.

Sorry to hear this Ozyman. Your Maltese Falcon sculpt is one of my favorite possessions and is displayed right by my Panasonic Plasma for all to see.

Al

Just bumping this to make sure more people get to see it. Your falcon is easily my most treasured part of my collection, so I hate to see someone knocking them off to make a quick buck.

The last this guy heard from me I was going to "come into his store on Thursday to check out the Falcons."

...that was a few months ago, I hope he's still waiting at the store for me to show up. :lol

Oz, have you let the admins know about this guy so they can ban his account?

-Nick

Sorry to hear it Oz,
I hope you know that we will continue to support local artist like you who actually put in the the work to make such fantastic props.

Just for future reference, it's always better to report a post than to send a pm as the report function creates a staff wide thread that can be more easily tracked. In this case, reporting the first post of this thread would do the trick.

if this is the same dude, he tried to win a costume contest at last years PCC with that costume, looked too good to be built by this dude. not sure if he won but it looked too good.

so good work oxymandius on an awesome sculpt and to the dbag that recasted, i hope he gets what's coming to him. all i know is plagiarism will get you banned from academia and blacklisted for life, same should be for these guys.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back