Rankin-Bass Rudolph puppets - re-creations?

Well..Im taking a break from them. Might redo her ears.

Seem big to me. But they match my reference with the exception of the Interior leather the real one seams to have...I couldnt get leather to work, so..I went with felt.

They are NOT easy to make.
Also, with few exceptions, I no longer do runs.
Ebay? Maybe someday. I would NOT do one for less than 1500.
If you wanted a rough idea.

I might be doing the DENTIST Elf Next.

Hi Frank,

Look forward to seeing your next replicas.

Here in Atlanta, the Center for Puppetry Arts began a live Rudolph puppetry stage production last month, which runs through January 2, 2011. It's an amazing show, based on the Rankin Bass classic with all the songs and cast in puppet form. Here's a behind-the-scenes photo.

slideshow_1001846242_rudolph_1115-b.jpg

See Center for Puppetry Arts_Home for more info.

Also, did Kevin sell the original Rudolph and Santa puppets? It looked like there is a new owner based on the recent "Chasing Rudolph" episode of SyFy Channel's Hollywood Treasure show.

Pumpernickel

With my love of Christmas, I can't believe I had never seen this thread. I'm so impressed with the stuff you guys made! Great replicas! Wish I had those skills!

Hopefully they've fixed the botched editing for the restored reprise of "A couple of misfits". In recent airings, the scene has the original song but still uses the visuals of "Fame and Fortune." VERY strange.

Hi Frank,

Also, did Kevin sell the original Rudolph and Santa puppets? It looked like there is a new owner based on the recent "Chasing Rudolph" episode of SyFy Channel's Hollywood Treasure show.

Pumpernickel

Yes he did.

In fact the new owner wrote me on FACEBOOK after seeing my repro.

Frank

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back