Random - Boba Fett Helmet - Found part?

GKvfx

Sr Member
Hey Fett experts -

As I was wandering around Apex on Saturday, I came across this piece. I may not be an expert on anything Fett (though I did make myself a costume back in '81-82), I did recognize it resembled the coin slot thingees on the back of his helmet. Was that stuff carved? Or was it a found part that was integrated into the helmet master pattern? One of the shots has a ruler in it for reference.......

Just curious at how random this was. Feel free to chime in.

Gene

Wow! looks really close but the cut out in the center seems a bit too wide. perhaps there are variations on what you found out there? your's has 7 slots and the helmet shows 6
Here is an image from the dented helmet gallery to compare

Boba-Fett-Promotional-Helmet-02.jpg

random-boba-fett-helmet-found-part-fetthelmetpart-001.jpg-104546d1342972157

Wow, that is close! It seems likely now that they may have used a variant of that type of part originally when sculpting the helmet. :thumbsup

Great find! Now we just need to figure out what it is. ;)

-Carson

Well, with that photo, it's clearly not the part. Some additional measurements for those that want to see how close it is -

Width of the narrow slot - 20mm
Width of the wider slot - 32mm
Height of both slots - 9mm

Height of six slots - 88.5mm

Hope this helps. There are no markings on it, and no indication of what it was for. As I stated before, I didn't see any additional pieces where I saw this (either the same, or a variant).

Maybe Art can check in and confirm?

Gene

Gene,

Yup, a guy from The Dented Helmet posted up about this several months ago. You can check out his thread and the research that came from it here:

QUESTION: Rear Slits, Potential Discovery ?

Unfortunately, like you, no one has nailed the part perfectly, but you are definitely moving in the right direction.

Here are ROUGHLY the dims you would be looking for.

Width of the narrow slot - 8.5mm
Width of the wider slot - 26mm
Height of both slots - 6.5mm

Height of six slots - 68mm

While it may not be "THE" piece, I am glad to see the research and effort continuing as clearly this is the type of piece that was used to make the keyslots. There must be thousands of variations out there, and hopefully sooner or later someone will come across it.

I think we are getting closer. Picked this up at a swap meet -
attachment.php

The size is close, but I don't think it is "it" (I'll doublecheck Art's dimensions when I get home) -
attachment.php

It's the first one that I've seen that has pieces at either end that complete the "display". Theoretically, you could assemble an endless string of these counters -
attachment.php

Couldn't figure out how to post images over at the Dented Helmet. Please pass along if pertinent......

Gene

Well, as Art mentioned above, there is a thread on the Dented Helmet about these counters. So I can't take any credit for figuring out what to look for. All I did was pick one up at a swap meet that looked about right. And I still haven't measured it using the info Art posted............

Gene

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back