R2D2 & C3P0 Hieroglyph in Raiders -Update Post #36 8/11

ArkRaider

Sr Member
I want to sculpt this glyph from Raiders of the Lost ARk. It can be seen behind Indy and Sulla as they are lifting up the Ark. I need some help with scaling it. Would anyone be able to give me a rough guesstimate of what the glyph panel's size might be? Thanks!

raiders-hieroglyphics2.jpg

r2glyph.jpg

Last edited:
Re: R2D2 & C3P0 Hieroglyph in Raiders

Hey GB
Nice idea! Would love one of these if you do a run.
As an aside, once you can work out the scale it might be nice to also do a quarter scale version for people to display behind their Sideshow 1/4 scale Arks when they arrive.
Good luck.
Best
Mark
Indiana Andrews

That does help! Would anyone happen to know what is to the left of Horus in the glyph?

If it gets too big, you can always sculpt the little one:

Pdvd_018-1.jpg

I am going to begin this sculpt today. I need to get a sponge to help texture it, but this should be an easy sculpt.

-Dan-

Haven't got very far yet. 3PO's hands have been the hardest part so far, but here is as far as I've got today.

12"x18"
IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

A rough start, it'll smooth out as I fine tune the details. There is a lot we don't see from the available references so I am doing my best to interpret it.

Re: R2D2 & C3P0 Hieroglyph in Raiders -Sculpt Pics Post #15-

Looks good so far. You've inspired me to make one as well! What material are you using to sculpt it? Is it just a large slab of clay?

Re: R2D2 & C3P0 Hieroglyph in Raiders -Sculpt Pics Post #15-

Looks good so far. You've inspired me to make one as well! What material are you using to sculpt it? Is it just a large slab of clay?

It is clay rolled out on a 12x18 baseboard.

Here are some updated pictures. I am sorry that the details are hard to see right now, since the clay is all white. Tomorrow I am going to use the sea sponge to weather it, then put it in the oven. :) Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have an interest thread going. :)

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Re: R2D2 & C3P0 Hieroglyph in Raiders -Update Post #19-

All is done on the sculpting front! I'm making the mold on Wednesday! :) More coming soon!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back