Proton pack Build

Elwoodlpool

Hi all,

Im currently having a Proton pack built by a very trusted guy Nick-a-tron i thought id share this with you as im really excited about it,, And his work is outstanding id recommend him to anyone,.

The Thrower
r8c6kx.jpg

The Pack
2zxmgc2.jpg

The pack sprayed ready for the cast iron effect...

239pom.jpg

Really looking forward to this although i wonder what the old pack would of looked like but i never did see it completed..

Elwood:cool

Sorry just realised ive posted this in the wrong place !!!!

Last edited:
Nick,

I may have to get you to build my proton gun, that one looks amazing and Elwood is lucky to have you build it for him....

Another update here is some more work thats been done on the pack. Its amazing the progress that can be done in a short time

eqa0cm.jpg

2i1e3jp.jpg

And here are a few more bits done and the powercell installed..

n1tgtt.jpg

I really like the fleckstone/ cast metal finish. I may have to use that idea on mine.

What is the best electronics kit with sound for these?

The cast iron look works perfectly for the bottom portion, I don't like the look of the 'plasticy' packs.

This is one prop piece that I can't wait to have time to build for myself.

Let us see if/when you get the full costume done!

I really like the fleckstone/ cast metal finish. I may have to use that idea on mine.

What is the best electronics kit with sound for these?

I have a Crix Light kit combo (gun/pack) with sound kit, ready to build in... Good kit... But if you like one with changing bargraph light when firing, maybe a R2devo kit is the the right one...

Nick-a-tron is a very good builder, I was very pleased with my gun, as far as my whole pack is finished, I will make a thread with some pics...

Im really happy with this build and i think the light kit in it is the R2devo one too. Nick tells me the pack looks really good in the flesh i cant wait,

Looking good. I am currently building one however it has been put on hold as I no longer have a workspace. This is the prop that got me into this hobby! Sadly I have temporarily run out of funds for this project and need to save up to finish it.

nice job I built one of these a few years ago and later gave it to my brother in law now I'm getting the urge to do it again. last on had a metal thrower think this one will to

Do you already have an Alice backpack frame? If not, they are pretty easy to find. Ebay, military surplus online and such.

Thanks all,

I can't believe the amount of detail that goes into a Nickatron build i have learned stuff i didnt even know....

Cant wait till its finished..

Elwood:)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back