Prop Making Panel at PAX East - Video

MattMunson

Master Member
Greetings all!

Last weekend at PAX, I had the good fortune of participating in a panel with a few fellow RPF members (and talented prop makers). Naturally, I filmed the entire thing, and I'm now releasing it to my new youtube channel, The Project Work Bench.

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Part 1 - From Pixels To Props - PAX East Panel - YouTube

Part 2 - From Pixels To Props - PAX East Panel - YouTube

Here is the PDF that is mentioned throughout the panel, if you want to follow along.

Last edited:
Hah! Thanks man! There will probably be four or five more parts, so be sure to subscribe to the channel so you'll be on top of all the updates :D

This is great, now I don't have to bug my buddy who attended for a play by play.

He sent me a picture just as everything was kicking off with the panel, and I believe my response to him was "Holy [EXPLETIVE] is that Matt Munson?!"

Thanks. Much appreciated.

-Nick

More, please. I just wish more had been said about gloves and needing different types for different materials.

More, please. I just wish more had been said about gloves and needing different types for different materials.

Dude, if you've got questions, ask away. EVERYONE on that panel is a member here, and two of us are already posting in this thread :) So if there's anything you want to know that we didn't cover, ask.

Plenty more to come, and Bills section isn't finished yet.

Dude, if you've got questions, ask away. EVERYONE on that panel is a member here, and two of us are already posting in this thread :) So if there's anything you want to know that we didn't cover, ask.

Plenty more to come, and Bills section isn't finished yet.
No questions from me, I'm just looking forward to see if there is anything I have not thought of or will make my life easier. The gloves comment was for other people. Not everyone thinks to read the MSDS on the stuff they are working with, not to mention one person who told me they like to shape bondo with their fingers without wearing gloves.

I'm editing together part 2 right now. coming along nicely. Because of the format of a panel, and the fact that I only had one camera running, I realize that it's not super visually exciting. I'm trying to switch things up by doing the occasional zoom in, and the overlay of the slides helps I think.

I'm pretty confident the content is worth slogging through it though. Pretty exciting to see three dudes who I respect immensely giving their thoughts on building.

I'm editing together part 2 right now. coming along nicely. Because of the format of a panel, and the fact that I only had one camera running, I realize that it's not super visually exciting. I'm trying to switch things up by doing the occasional zoom in, and the overlay of the slides helps I think.

I'm pretty confident the content is worth slogging through it though. Pretty exciting to see three dudes who I respect immensely giving their thoughts on building.

I liked the overlays.

It really was a great panel. The Ancient Nord helmet on Kelly was great.

I did think of one thing after the panel that wasn't mentioned. Along the lines of picking something in your skill level, pick something you can wear and is not too heavy.

Now I've just got to narrow down what's the next project...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back