Playmates TNG Phaser Conversion

Etewaf

I started this project a few years ago, and it fell by the wayside on my workbench. I recently picked it up again and put on some finishing touches. When I started this I was never going for a 100% screen used look, I was just looking to improve upon the mess that playmates released. But by the time I finished it, and snapped photos, and saw how bad it looked in those photos, I decided it wasn't good enough, and I want to completely re-do it. So I just thought I'd show you guys the 'rough' pics before I strip this down and do it right.

One of the things I actually am pleased with though are how the panels on the underside turned out. They are made out of two layers of a spent Best Buy gift card cut to the correct shapes. Once you dremmel off the belt clip the phaser feels really comfortable in the hand. And once you re-do the emitter, put on new buttons, and fill the weird looking LED it really changes into something passable. Anyway, here are the pics as it stands right now. I'll update as I go along.

Thanks. I have a huge stack of old gift cards and hotel key cards, they come in handy for a ton of projects.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back