Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

That's what I'm thinking too. It would drive me nuts trying to keep up with all of the "mistakes" on the bike. Plus...each bike has it's differences.

Hey guys,

Thanks again for all the help & inspiration. Just wanted to post a status update. It's been a crazy 3 weeks since I started gathering parts. Somewhere along the way I decided I am working on 2 bikes; one replica style & one more idealized w/bonus 007-approved gadgets & functional parts like 3 speed, lights, hand brake, etc). Going to focus on completing 1 first, but I'll be gathering parts for the other one along the way as well. Here's what I've gotten so far (+ what I still need):

Parts As Of 10-20.jpg

Pictured:
1946 Schwinn DX frame
1953 Schwinn DX frame
Dia-Compe Tech 3 brake lever set
OEM hardware pack for DX bikes
Airguide compass
Yoder's bike mud flap (correct diamond pattern; incorrect decoration/jewels)
Persons bicycle siren
Large mirror (4" but incorrect; no reflector)
Mesinger seat (oval logo w/diamonds)
Donkey Grips
NOS tassles for handgrips
Skeleton Super Siren (need tiger head to complete)
Wald 898 handlebars
Krylon Dual Gloss Banner Red spraypaint (for replica bike paint bomb)
Latches for saddlebags
Duro 26x2.125 whitewall tires w/brick pattern + tubes & rim strips (x2) (for idealized bike & riders)

Purchased But Haven't Received Yet:
Delta Rocket Ray (beat to hell, but good for restoring or re-popping)
Delta Rocket Ray replacement bulbs (x2)
Mickey Mouse bicycle bell (Tailor) (for replica bike)
Mickey Mouse bicycle bell (Soccer) (for idealized bike)
Vintage Signal-Stat amber lenses (x4)
Vintage 60s Schwinn cloverleaf sprocket & crankset (x2)
3" round mirror (x2)
NOS Shimano 3 speed trigger shifter (x2)
Post-war DX bike tank
Chrome fender set (w/springer indent & front fender duckbill)
Light/turn signal horn switch (will rig in tank of idealized bike to control blinkers on saddle bags)
12mm buttons (red & green) for project box (x10)
Project box
Red button for tank
CMC rims (26 x 2.125; currently rear is 7 speed so it will need to be re-laced & converted to single coaster for replica bike)
Red cabling for Shimano shifter etc
Temporary saddlebags (will end up gutting for electronics & locks)
Spinner discs (thanks Droidboy!)

Still Need To Purchase:
Springer fork
Other 2 buttons for tank
Red lenses for saddlebags
Handlebar stem/head clamp
Seat clamp
Pedals
Black button for tank
Spiggot for saddlebags
Chain
Correct 4" mirror
Shimano hub (for idealized bike) (*** Pending ***)
Lightning Darts (for replica bike)
Pinstripe tape (for replica bike)
Chrome Tape (for replica bike)
Takagi Crank (for replica bike)

Custom/Fabrication & Still To Do:
Tank skirts
Wheel skirts
Saddlebags
Decorations/jewels for mud flaps (if anyone can help with this, please hit me up)
Tiger head only for siren (also, if anyone can help, hit me up)
Clamp for Persons siren
Clamps for Super Siren
Rocket Ray fins
Chainguard
Tank emblems/decorations
Fitting for pop-off handlebars
Custom headbadge (my design)
PW Herman brass name plate
Get frames soda blasted
Can bomb replica frame
Powdercoat & pinstripe idealized bike
Get rear CMC rim re-laced & converted to coaster hub
Re-chrome various parts on idealized bike
Gasket for Persons siren bottom

Whew! Got my work cut out for me. Love seeing everyone's bikes progressing on this thread. Keep 'em coming!

PS - does anyone know what a springer fork usually goes for? I've lost out on the last 3 auctions.

Last edited:
I'm interested in seeing your wheels.

I'll make sure to take pics once they arrive. They were shipped yesterday, so they should be here some time this week. Here is what they looked like in the ad:

CMC Wheels.jpgCMC Wheels 2.jpg

Tires are thrashed, but rims look decent. The front should work as-is, but the rear will need to be re-laced & converted to single speed coaster hub. If I score another set at some point down the road, I'll convert that rear to a 3 speed with the Shimano hub.

Attachments

• CMC Wheels 2.jpg
    CMC Wheels 2.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Here is the positive mold for my top bag. I made it from 15# urethane foam and then coated it in high build urethane automotive primer. Next step will be the negative fiberglass mold then a resin positive. I will be able to re-use the mold I am sure. I am shooting for working doors with magnetic latches. I have the frame fillet made and am working on the skirts. The handlebars are almost fully decked out. All is going well. Thanks for the help along the way!

securedownload.jpg

Dont take this the wrong way, but I don't thibk youve gotten the shapes quite right on those parts. But that's why you do a mock up first right? I recommend taking a side shot of the real bike and blowing it up to full size in photoshop, then printing out the pieces you need. That way you're as close to accurte as possible. Even if you want to idealize the bike it's a good starting point. You're definitely heading in the right direction, I can't wait to see more progress!

Did anyone manage to get a good shot of the gooseneck on any of the museum bikes? All the pics I've seen seem to obscure the top of the gooseneck in some way. Apparently there are a ton of variations, & I want to make sure I get the correct one.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Today's booty:
Today's Booty 10-23 a.jpgToday's Booty 10-23 b.jpg

Repop DX tank, fenders, 3" mirrors w/clear reflectors (x2), NOS Shimano shifters (x2), Mickey Mouse bell (soccer; still waiting on other one), project box, red buttons for tank (x2), Delta Rocket Ray & Schwinn cloverleaf cranksets (x2)

Thanks Mailman Mike!

I was hoping to get some tracings on the parts. Its hard to draw them from the pics I have. No real way to blow up to life size so I am just going freehand. The frame fillet and the chainguard look wrong to you?

I re did the chainguard and frame fillet. I think I got it close now. What ya think? Sorry about the grainy top pic.

securedownloaded.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need a bit bigger cutout on the bottom of the chain guard looking at it now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back