Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

JB weld is a good idea... Yeah, the decorative parts are aluminum as well. Im trying to decide if i should tack them together then mask and paint or paint then assemble...

Last edited:
i used aircraft adhesive on mine but it seems basically like jb weld..only thing is if your chain guard flexes the weld will crack off and pieces can go flying...i figured that out on my center skirt ribs.

ok ive got my rear bags off for more correct resizng..thinned them down and making the shape smaller and more blended to the light lenses..i want to make the ribs look identical to the real bikes..as i was just using a aluminum cover..seems most are carved in the foam..is chrome tape all thats used? also going on a weekend trip in a few weeks and looks like im going to be visiting the museum in Ohio to see the actual x1 they have..have a feeling im gonna be like crap i made this all wrong..

...going on a weekend trip in a few weeks and looks like im going to be visiting the museum in Ohio to see the actual x1 they have..have a feeling im gonna be like crap i made this all wrong..

Since the X1 at the museum isn't behind glass, you should bring a measuring tape and get the real bag dimensions and use that to guide your build. :)

My plan on getting the right size is to bust out a projector and overlay a screen shot on my frame. It's worth a shot.. Might be hard to get the width, but I should be able to get the length correct.

good idea..my side bags are pretty much how they are gonna be, but i am totally remaking my top case..gonna get a good look at the shape of the ribs then and take a lot of good close pics..its about 4 5 hours from me but also planning on hitting the Air force museum in Dayton , went maybe 10 years ago and that place was awesome..

work is really interfering with my side bag resculpting today..little more filler work and a couple more coats of resin to go on this side..im also thinking about buying some battery powered leds to place in the red tailights for my night trips..give it a cool look from behind also

Micheal, try the dollar store the have some tap light that might work out for the rear taillights, just wire in s switch.

Jack I got the rings, I think I was selling them for 7.00 a set or something like that. I have to check how many I have. PM for a set.

I finished a tiger siren.

Last edited:
Progress. I finished my two tank badges, they are made from 1/4" MDF, with styrene strips glued on top and then trimmed to fit the shape of the badge. Covered with the same chrome tape from AutoZone that I used on the center frame skirt.
6643562767_16738afd37_z.jpg

6643565545_6d67d06e5a_z.jpg

6643564945_3889902a4a_z.jpg

6643566089_5b90f55f07_z.jpg

I also made the mounting brackets for the center skirt. I think they're a little thinner than the ones on the Hollywood Bike, but I think they came out pretty good. Made from brass, and then painted white.
6643563753_6875f0d99c_z.jpg

6643564293_4010cfb755_z.jpg

And then, I picked up a new bike for a rush project, This has to be done by my daughter's birthday on the 28th. Guess what THIS is gonna be...
6646130485_6eb4976998_z.jpg

Ruddigger, your tank badges look great... They look similar to some that i drew up:cool I did a couple variations... I had plans on having them cast from metal and polished but then decided to go more screen accurate with chrome tape ones... check out the similarities...

attachment.php

attachment.php

For those of you who wanted a project box, they arrived yesterday so I sent you PMs. If anyone else needs one, I have one left. They are bare aluminum so they'll need to be painted black to match the one on Pee Wee's handlebar.

Ruddigger, your tank badges look great. I like the idea of a mini build too. I always thought it would be fun to make a girls bike version called a "She Wee Herman" and a kids bike version called a "Wee Wee Herman".

ya those badges do look really good! and the mini is sweet.. haha Jack i like those mini build ideas also..first time i had my bike out a boy about 8 saw it and said that looks like a Pee wee Herman bike,,i was actually kind of amazed a kid that young knew that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back