Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

WOW my hats off to you ,,,you made them from scratch brilliant <<<<and I love the steelers ;D I live here im a yinzer lol

nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-imag0069.jpg-268726d1388268715

This looks neat. So will the strap wind around the white part :confused

How functional are these for daily use like just walking to the store or take your car for a drive? Will they deteriate fast as far as usage?

How functional are these for daily use like just walking to the store or take your car for a drive? Will they deteriate fast as far as usage?

Very good, but they do get dirty very easily, and eventually the grey rubber will start to yellow with UV sunlight exposure over time.

Overall though, they are solid in terms of build strength, and after you modify them, perfect for having accurate lighted Mags for a fraction of the cost of the real ones.

Bog standard as they come, the huge workboot toe box and the terrible cheap LEDs are a turn off, they just look awful. The switch is at the back behind the white ankle piece, and the strap does not even light up, while the soles have terrible leds and do not have EL panels like the originals!

You really have to modify them to make them look good in terms of accuracy and having the correct lighting.

Cheap blue leds vs correct EL panels and super bright LEDs is a no brainer really!

Take your pick!

They seem to be pretty good at not yellowing if kept out of light - my storage/collectible pair (pretty much always in the box) still look brand new compared to the ones I wear which reeeeealy need a midsole repaint lol

They seem to be pretty good at not yellowing if kept out of light - my storage/collectible pair (pretty much always in the box) still look brand new compared to the ones I wear which reeeeealy need a midsole repaint lol
Agreed. My display pair still look brand new as they are kept in a darkened room (home cinema). I've managed to keep the wear pair clean, just that the rubber has changed colour.

Agreed. My display pair still look brand new as they are kept in a darkened room (home cinema). I've managed to keep the wear pair clean, just that the rubber has changed colour.

I was looking into what Callos did on his V1 soles. He used some tulip slick fabric paint mixed with bullseye latex based primer and some rubble effect paint which seemed to stick very well onto the V1 midsoles.

Now as to how good that combination would stick to a pair of V2 remain to be seen. I may do a small test as I have 1 old pair i'm experimenting on.

Hey guys,

Not sure if you remember my post from September or so, but I was explaining how one of my BlueBaby 9v batteries developed a problem where when you step on it, something disconnects inside and loses power. Turns out it did the same thing just squeezing it lightly with my fingers. http://imageshack.us/a/img841/2166/plvi.jpg

I would just buy another to replace it, but Jedifyfe said he experienced the same thing in some of his Bluebaby's. Has anyone tried any other batteries from ebay with good results? I see there are some new offerings that weren't there 6 months ago.

There is a US based seller offering "EBL" brand with 600mah, and a China seller offering "Lite Long" brand with 880mah.

hay fam
im still new and still waiting for my first mags from karin chein im following all your guys steps :) so are baby blue's defective your saying????
im only on page 50 now lol
ill read entire forum before i work thou
thanks brothers for all your help

I was looking into what Callos did on his V1 soles. He used some tulip slick fabric paint mixed with bullseye latex based primer and some rubble effect paint which seemed to stick very well onto the V1 midsoles.

Now as to how good that combination would stick to a pair of V2 remain to be seen. I may do a small test as I have 1 old pair i'm experimenting on.

I would think anything solvent based would stick. The V1 soles are basically a compressed foam Vs the V2 which seem to be rubber. Being rubber, I don't think you need to worry about them being eaten by the paint like you would with foam. The V1 soles are actually pretty tough and the V2s seem more resistant again.

cavx The plan is to have the straps wind around white part. They should be just as wear able as any other rep that has been modded. I am waiting on a pair of mags from karin. Right now I only have the single shoe I got to mess with to try to find the best parts and ways to make the auto laces work. I hope to have a complete working pair by the end of feb just want to take my time with all of the process as it will be the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey , fam question ???
is it just me,, or is the stap way to high from the movie shoes ??? even nike originals are to high lol
i might try to change whaiting for mine to come in lets seeeeee?????

@cavx The plan is to have the straps wind around white part. They should be just as wear able as any other rep that has been modded. I am waiting on a pair of mags from karin. Right now I only have the single shoe I got to mess with to try to find the best parts and ways to make the auto laces work. I hope to have a complete working pair by the end of feb just want to take my time with all of the process as it will be the first time.

Cool. I will follow your progress with interest.

Just an observation, will you trim down (machine?) the centre for the strap to wind around. It seems (from my mock ups) you need at least 3" of excess strap to allow your foot in and out of the shoe. And this needs to be wind up which will build up when wrapped around a spool.

- - - Updated - - -

hey , fam question ???
is it just me,, or is the stap way to high from the movie shoes ??? even nike originals are to high lol
i might try to change whaiting for mine to come in lets seeeeee?????

I don't think the strap is too high. I think the tongue is not long enough on either the RD MAG or the V2.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep i agree with cavx - the V2 tongue is annoyingly short. I've been meaning to add on a segment but haven't had the time to try and sew it together, haha
I think the V1's aren't quite as noticeable with short tongue - though whether that's because the rest of the shoe is shorter by about 20 mm i dont know.

see the movie shot here - the tongue needs to be way taller to match.
nike-mcfly-3-570x388.jpg

That is one detail the MP MAG had right. The tongue on those shoes was really long. Given both the V1 and V2 are basically copies of that shoe, you'd think they could have got that part right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back