New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just saw this and it looks really nice! I love the case too!! I'm not CRAZY about the nozzle, but.... And yeah, I just ordered one! Lol

http://shop.startrek...ek_new-arrivals

Here is the description.

The Wand Company’s Star Trek Original Series Phaser Universal Remote Control is a highly authentic screen-accurate hero prop replica, crammed full of advanced technology, bringing new levels of action and immersion for Star Trek fans of all ages.

- Looks, feels and works like the real prop - a truly authentic experience for Star Trek fans
- Crammed with features and functions, including multi-colour illuminated beam emitter on both Phaser I and Phaser II, authentic Phaser and Enterprise sounds and spoken prompts
- A fully functioning gesture-based universal remote control suitable for controlling almost all home entertainment systems and many other infrared remote controlled devices
- Supplied in specially-designed, protective transit case, with hidden-magnet, die cast metal display stand, USB charging cable, Enterprise screwdriver and illustrated poster manual
- Previewing at San Diego Comic-Con 2014, and available to consumers November 2014

Display

Accurate and highly detailed design, based on privileged access to the last known hero prop, owned by the legendary propmaker, Greg Jein, who is respected for his work on TV shows such as Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Deep Space Nine, and movies such as Close Encounters of the Third Kind and The Hunt for Red October.

- Highly accurate design using the first-ever 3D laser scans of the last known screen-used hero prop - High quality nickel and brass plated die cast metal parts - Detachable Phaser I and pistol grip - Magnetic metal display stand - Protective foam-lined transit and display case - Hand finished and lacquer coated

Play

Packed with high-tech gadgetry for the ultimate cosplay experience. Features and functions include removable Phaser I, removable pistol grip with securing bolt, multi-coloured flashing emitter and range of The Original Series Phaser and Star Trek sounds, opening sight and vibration motor for tactile feedback.

- Multicoloured flashing emitter
- Thumbwheel to raise and lower sight
- Ten position dial selects range of different Phaser firing sounds and in FX Mode accesses nine authentic Starship Enterprise sounds
- Tactile force-feedback vibration motor lets you feel the power of the Phaser
- High quality protective transit case
- Phaser weight tuned to the weight of the original hero prop
- Removable pistol grip is secured by bolt using special issue Enterprise screwdriver supplied

Control

Command almost all home entertainment equipment with gesture based universal remote control and many other infrared remote controlled devices.

- Gesture-based universal remote control:
- flick up or down to change channels on your TV;
- flick left or right to skip tracks on your hi-fi;
- tilt left and right to adjust the volume on your iPod dock;
- push pull to turn your equipment on and off or open and close DVD trays;
- double click press the trigger button to stun any equipment.

- Any-TV-Off mode allows the user to turn off almost any TV with just a press of the trigger button without any programming necessary
- Removable Phaser I works as a standalone gesture-based universal remote control
- Built-in lithium polymer battery, with USB charging cable included

Product details

Original Series Phaser is a gesture-based universal remote control that uses infrared (IR) to control all most all home entertainment systems worldwide including TVs, iPod docks and DVD/Blu-ray players.

- 10 Authentic Phaser firing sounds (including Phaser Overload sequence)
- Silent mode for stealthy control
- Multicoloured flashing emitter with tactile force-feedback vibration motor
- Guided Setup: Teaches you how to use it with spoken prompts
- Advanced gesture recognition technology: nine gestures multiplied by three memory banks means up to 36 remote control codes can be stored
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery (USB charging cable supplied)
- four digit Personal Lock Code (set by Phaser II dial)
- 1:1 replica of the last known, original screen-used hero prop, assembles just like the real prop

What’s included

- Protective transit hard case with moulded foam inserts
- Star Trek Original Series Phaser Universal Remote Control: Phaser I, Phaser II & pistol grip
- Hidden magnet metal display stand with debossed text
- USB charging cable
- Special issue Enterprise screwdriver with blade cover and debossed text
- Illustrated poster manual
Dimensions

Phaser I and II assembled (max dimensions)
209 mm x 152 mm x 36 mm (8.2” x 6” x 1.4”)

Protective display / transit case
189 mm x 233 mm x 60.5 mm (7.4” x 12.6” x 2.4”)

Manual
180 mm x 225 mm (7” x 9”) (folded) - 720 mm x 225 mm (28” x 9”) (opened out)

Huh, it looks like that side part next to the top aluminum plate is broken all the way through now. It just had a crack there before, maybe the glue gave out. Pre-Ordered one.

This is REALLY exciting. The Sonic Screwdrivers that The Wand Company makes are fantastic - this is looking very promising

Interesting. I wonder if it being a "remote" it falls under different licensing than replicas.

Could care less about remote functions of course.
Will wait to see in person at Comicon.

That's really impressive. I have to say, their 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver was a triumph in almost all regards -- from the product right down to the packaging. If this piece lives up to that one, it'll be an amazing buy.

The images on their site are 3D renderings, but Richard says they'll have a sample to show off at SDCC next week. So somebody head over there and take tons of photos! :D

But yes, this looks like a very very sweet phaser. And with a minimum of effort (less than to modify an AA toy!) you should be able to kick it up into full blown prop replica.

k

When the item ships. It's die cast metal and 1:1 -- even if it's just the phaser equivalent of a Mauser, it's still a huge step up from an AA/DST. Preordered as soon as I saw it.

I got the 10th Doctor's sonic last year for Christmas. I wanted it even though I try to restrict my prop collection to Star Wars. But the price to quality ratio just can't be passed up. i have it for prop replica purposes and not for a remote (although I did fool around with that function).

This phaser looks to be in my collection as well. There are probably tons of nitpicks the experts can make but for the price and what I expect from the Wand Company, it will be just perfect for me, especially since I currently have a Diamond Select phaser in place of the MR phaser I sold a couple of years ago.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back