New Prop/break room and studio.

nightrider

Sr Member
Thought I would share some pictures of my small prop/break room and also some of the rest of the new studio as well. It was finished just a couple of weeks ago and I'm glad I was able to make a place in it for a few props. Can't wait to add a nice hero tie fighter which will be coming along soon. Anyway, here's the pics......lots of them.:D

Shop-4.jpg

Shop-2.jpg

Shop-3.jpg

Shop-1.jpg

Shop-20.jpg

Shop-5.jpg

Shop-6.jpg

Shop-7.jpg

Shop-7a.jpg

Shop-8.jpg

Shop-9.jpg

Shop-11.jpg

Shop-11a.jpg

Shop-13.jpg

Shop-14.jpg

Shop-15.jpg

Last edited:
:eek OH MY GOD. :eek:eek

look at those beautiful swords!!!
Look at those beautiful polishing stones
Look at that beautiful setup - the wood paneling. It looks so relaxing.

You didn't tell me you specialized in japanese swords!! why didn't you tell me?! After all those fun talks about darth vader reveal helmets you would think it would come up :lol:lol

Okay - well in the near future we're going to talk some more. I'm no expert on katanas, but I know I have a good grasp on the basics... and... oh man.. I'm going to be calling on your expertise shortly.

but judging from the collection of blades up on the wall - and the curvature you can definitely tell those are hand forged blades (some from the koto period? i dunno some are kinda straight so I cant tell) Either way, it's clear that these aren't the cheap blades you get in china town... Do you sharpen and polish for a living?!?!?!

My goodness - I spit toothpaste all over my screen when I saw these.

..okay - i have to go rinse now. :)

WOW!!! That is a room I could relax in. Such a nice contrast to all the sterile prop displays we see(not that those are bad) ;)

Brad

Wow! Those katanas, that desk; all gorgeous. I love this, it's such an inviting space and the lighting really shows off your collection. Amazing.

Jason

Thanks much guys. Well Thomas, I guess it just never came up for whatever reason.:lol Most people don't quite understand what it is that I do even after a short explanation. A long explanation usually leaves people with this glassy look, so it isn't something I normally bring up.

Of the blades on the large rack there are two shinto wakizashi and one koto katana, the rest are modern blades by US makers. A couple of Rick Barrett's, one Michael Bell cable blade, a Walter Sorrells blade, and a few Howard Clark L6's. The Daisho opposite the kabuto/helmet up top is mine and are both shinto period(early to mid 1600's). The daisho in my office is made up of a shin-shinto katana and a koto nagamaki. There are many other blades old and new lying around in various stages of mounting and/or polish. Polishing started years ago as a hobby but now I do polish full time since late 2005.

I look forward to hearing from you Thomas, that'll be two things we have in common. Oh...be sure to wipe that toothpaste off your monitor before it dries.:lol

Chris

Great break room/prop room.
Love the warm colors.

Glad to see see some Frazetta art up as well (I have the Egyptian Queen on my wall as well.)

A very nice alternative to the suburban-sheetrock look. Someday, I hope to build a Japanese style/influenced home. It's so soothing.

Amazing Chris, we gotta do pizza one night so I can see this fantastic studio up close and personal. :) I mirror earlier comments, this is one of my favorite prop/display rooms period!

Dave

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back