re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello all. Glad to be a new recruit. Can't wait to see some of the amazing props I have heard about.

Hello everyone,

I'm an humble newcomer from GBfans, Ghostbusters Québec or Proptopia. Here's an swift bit about myself :

My name is Davlin, I'm a 32-years-old French guy living in the south of France. My first prop ever created was a Proton Pack out of plastic bits and cheap electronics when I was 11. Since then, I created more and more prop stuff and make-up, as an self-learner spending too much time into his Dad's basement. I then went to pro with my passion, working for six years into the French movies industry as a prop-maker and special effects make-up artist. I quit some time after to go to a more peaceful, easy-to-live-with, different job; Now that my life has settled down a bit, I'm starting to feel that hunger for props again - so here I am.

I recently started a Proton Pack again, but I've got more in my ideas pocket : A "Sliders" timer, a lightsaber, a "Batman Beyond" batarang ( ongoing WIP ), a Lightcycle model, a BTTF Hoverboard, some designs of my own and much more... I'm busy for the next twenty years. ;)

Glad to be here, and see you around ! :)

Hi everyone,
My name is Kyle -- I'm brand new here, right out of the box.. born and raised in British Columbia, Canada. I'm 25 years old, and a big fan of all types of movies, especially the ones I grew up with! I love Vintage Cars, Heavy Metal, Classic Rock as well as Drawing & Animating.
I'm just starting out Prop Collecting myself, I have a few sweet little pieces of Cinematic History, nothing too crazy.. YET! :p I've been browsing around different posts and projects and there is seriously some world class talent here, it really makes me proud to be part of this community. It's crazy, as a fan of movies my jaw drops when I see something that someone has put so much time and hardwork into, to make it as screen accurate as possible -- Just awesome. I look forward to talking with you guys and getting to know you better as time goes on. Take care and I hope to talk soon! :cheers

- Kyle

Last edited:

Hey,

My name's Jerry and I'm a Ghostbusters guru that builds most of my own props. I've built an Ecto 1 from an old caprice wagon you can see at GBfans and TheEcto1. I've been doing a lot of my own custom fabrication for years now. I was working on an all metal proton pack build before I decided I was tired of making the same packs everyone else builds. So, I sat down and re designed the entire pack from top to bottom to give it a more newer look. I'm still working on it but I'll def. post pics of it when I'm done with it. I'm really hoping I can find a way to get a job building props for a movie studio.

I look forward to sharing info with all of you and expanding my prop knowledge.

Jerry
"De Fran"

Hello, well I'll start by saying I have always been interested in making replica or my own props and after a friend told me to join this site so that I could learn more or hear about things I felt it would be a great way to get started.

Currently I have not really made any props yet, still just drawing up ideas and seeing what is possible for a novice like myself.

I hope to learn and get to know as much as possible here and well yeah thats about it.

Hi to all, this is one of the best community about props and replicas film. I'm glad to meet here with a great artisans and prop creators and with so many people who share this hobby, this small tribute to the movies, to television through its objects, costumes, everything that makes us feel closer to our movies and favorite characters.

And as a big Indy's fan, I am glad to find much material here on props about his world

Grettings, Pegasus
:)

Hello my name is Scott and I really enjoy some of the stuff y'all have here. I am working on a Captain America costume right now. Right now I'm just doing the shield and mask for the opening of IronMan2.

14254_647389429528_29715820_37770338_2538617_n.jpg

That is me in my Riddler outfit (the hat was a last minute thing) and my friend in her Harley Quinn outfit. She was trying to do the Arkham Asylum version but the site she was ordering her corset from sold out.

Hey Hey
Just joined when the membership opened up. Started with ghostbusters props (pack, trap, goggles) and Harry Potter stuff (wands, map).

I really like newspaper props from movies. I have a daily planet, gotham times, daily bugle, back to the future clippings... Really hoping to find a Smallville Ledger (paper chloe and clark worked on in highschool), Smallville Daily Planet, and Daily Prophet props. Anyone have?

Hey PPP's, (party prop people) I'm one of those people that have been lurking in the wings waiting to join...in January....then I missed the sign up window and so I waited... again..... until April. Well now I'm here so yeah for me!
Well as far as my prop experience, I'm first and foremost a fan of anything that just looks COOL, like most people on here. Well, that's what prompts me to say stuff like "hey, I could make one of those" and so it goes. And so it starts. You know what I'm talking about. "what should I use for this?" where can I get some of those?" and the ever popular "why did I even start this stupid thing?" And the answer is....."'cause it's cool and it's what I do!" I'm currently working on a District 9 prop that I have yet to see on here. I was going to wait untill I was done to share the pics but then I remembered the whole purpose of this forum .....TO SHARE. So I will be taking some photos of my work in progress and posting them soon. Aaagh, it's great to be here although I noticed that it smells alot like bondo and spray paint.

Hello all. My name is Iain and i've been interested in props for years. I've never been able to afford a studio prop, so I collect toys and other cheap replicas. I've experimented with moulding and casting, and I have a 'classic' style sonic screwdriver my Dad made for me a few years ago on his metal lathe. It is definitely a unique piece.

Tony here from Oklahoma City.

I run www.colonialmarines.net and have probably met a few of you at Dallas prop parties over the years.
Also the star of Hot Fuzz 2 - Pigs in the City

I've just got the house my wife and I bought last year up to spec display wise so the props shall now increase :)

Currently on the look out for District 9 Weapons (I missed out of the limited run) as well as anything else that takes my fancy.
There is just something about cools props that make you love the movies so much more!!!

Hi all! I was a member of the original prop builders guild and all the old forums back in the day. I took a several year hiatus and I am now back. I have a 10 year old son and I am getting him involved in prop making. We are working on him a lightsaber right now.

I am glad to see that this has continued on and I am pleased with the progress.

JEDIWEAPONS

Hi all, My name is Jamie, I am happily married 10 years as of yesterday (3rd may 2010). I have 4 children who are my life.
I am a huge Star Wars fan, and have collected figures and vehicles for many years. My family just got a new house that has a built in downstairs theatre room. It is unfinished which is great,m that means I can finish it the way I want.
I am selling off my entire Clone Wars collection to fund buying and building movie props. I want to kit my theatre room out with a lot of cool movie items. The plan is to have a main entrance with my Clonetrooper uniform in the corner and movie posters hug everywhere. And display cases with cool movie things, Some made some original.
I belong another web site, snowtroopers.ca and had posted to see if anyone knew any great sites with regards to movie props, and one of the many kind members there pointed me in this direction. THANK YOU!!...
I am interest in SW, Doctor Who and anything cool, including classic hollywood movies, blakc and white movies basicaly anything and everything that has style.

I also enjoy working out, play sports, going to church, spending time with my family, drawing and animating, and writing childrens stories.

I hope to make a lot of good friends here and hope I can find some helpfull people and in return hope I may be able to help some others.

Thank you for a great site.

Jamie aka Familyman......

Hello, my name is Fangel, and I'm from SPAIN. I like to collect and make replica props, and I'm very glad to be here.

Hi All

My Name is Chris, been in the costuming scene for a few years now, although not done much the past year. I have a Stormtrooper costume and a Captain Mal costume from Firefly. Really want to get back into it all again just need to shed some weight to do the Mal justice.

I'm a pretty big fan of most things sci-fi but Firefly is probably my biggest obsession, theres a few replica weapons I would love to get my hands on from that show but as its been a good while since it was around and so short lived they are few and far between.

I would like to get into making more stuff prop wise for myself, up until now I've mainly bought parts for costumes and other props.

I've heard about this site from alot of the guys I used to troop with and from the guys who've made me stuff in the past, saw the registrations were open so thought i'd join up.

Look forward to getting stuck in.

Cheers

Chris

Hello my name is shawn.

I have always loved comics and movies etc. I have recently got into making props for my scion tc show car that has a ironman theme. I am looking forward to building and showing progress with props and soon making an ironman and war machine suit.

Hey Guys,

Nick here, I run a shoe customising site kyozokicks.com which is a blast and want to also do prop making us another hobby, mainly focusing on video game props.

Just glad to be on the team :thumbsup

Hey Guys - Mario here - been collecting since I was a kid - main thing is super hero and epic film props (swords, weapons, etc) and want to get more into studio scale as I'm a huge sci fi guy as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back