Page 3 of 321 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 18, 2010, 7:25 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #51

Hi, I'm Chris, from California originally and now stuck for the time in Utah. Costumer, Tailor, looking to get into prop making, and on the right times of the year, convention hopper. ^^ I got recommended her some time ago, but registration was closed for a GOOD long time until recently. Glad to finally be a part of this community and looking forward to everything!
  2. RPF Premium Member
    From
    London, UK
    Apr 19, 2010, 1:17 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #52

Hi All,

Yes! Am finally a member of this site! I am Richard and I am a propaholic. I have been building props for theatre for a good few years and got into collecting film props about 18 months ago. My collection includes origional items from Willow, Pirates of the Carabian and Saving Private Ryan. I am also an avid sword collector so have several reproduction swords on my wall - thank goodness my wife humours me!

Am planning on working on some remake BSG kit and Stargate kit - to wear when I go airsofting. Also gonna build some 40k pieces in the not to distant future.

Have been watching this site for a good whilse so am looking forward to getting involved now I am signed up.

Cheers
    Richard
    From
    Overland Park (Kansas City)
    Apr 19, 2010, 1:54 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #53

Hello to all,

My name is Rick and I just found this website a month ago and I just can't get enough of it!!! I live in Kansas City and I am into American Graffiti, Star Wars, NCIS and Supernatural. Can't wait to start posting to show some of my collections. I have inclosed a picture of one of my projects but I have MUCH more to show in the future.

Talk to you all soon
    Rick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coupe 4-11-10.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	24207
  4. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Rochester, MN
    Apr 19, 2010, 9:46 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #54

Hi everyone,

I originally came across RPF a few years ago when I was building my first prop, a GB Proton Pack and Trap, maybe a bit ambitious for a first prop. Now it's many years later, and I've finally checked the site on the right period of time to finally make registration. Currently I'm working on a complete Elvira Mistress of the Dark costume, and thinking about doing a Chewbacca after seeing so many peoples great successes they've had.
    From
    Orlando, FL
    Apr 19, 2010, 12:33 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #55

Hello All,

My name is Rick and I am from Orlando, FL. I have been involved with costuming for 6 years now. Started with a simple Jedi, then Clone Trooper which blossomed into about 9 different Star Wars based costumes. From there I went into Resident Evil and 300 Spartan. I am now into doing a lot of Super Heros as I am currently Ironman and X-Men Angel. I am working currently on Aquaman Classic, Aquaman Darkest Night, Three Musketeers, ODST Armor, and X-Men Havok. I do a lot of charity work as I lost my 8 year old son to Leukemia and I try to put smiles on as many kid's faces as I can since I can no longer see the smile on my Son's face.

Rick
    aka
    Ironman X2
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 19, 2010, 4:38 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #56

Hi Im Clay from Iowa, Im into hobby electronics and would like to start adding a little more form to the fuction. The series I like most are SW and DW
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 19, 2010, 7:07 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #57

hi my names lee, new 2 the site not sure what 2 do?
  8. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Apr 19, 2010, 7:36 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #58

Hey all,

Jason from Ottawa. I'm primarily a Star Trek Next Generation era prop fan.

I'm in the process of making a couple of scratch built items; an ODN scanner (thanks to trekprops.de) and a hyprospray. I plan on posting about these tiem shortly.
  9. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 19, 2010, 7:47 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #59

Hello, everybody. I'm from Northern Michigan, and came across this site looking for Indiana Jones-type stuff. I'm very impressed with the amount of talent here, hope I can contribute soon!
    From
    Harrisburg, PA
    Apr 19, 2010, 9:06 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #60

Hi, everyone! It's great to find this place and this community! I'm in Harrisburg, PA, and I have interests all over the map -- mostly science fiction or comics-related props. My favorite properties are Doctor Who, DC comics, the X-Files, Harry Potter, and Star Trek. My most treasured possession is my custom Green Lantern power ring, the Hal Jordan version. I was lucky enough to stumble across this site while looking for ideas or plans for possibly attempting a Tom Baker-era sonic screwdriver; unfortunately thanks to MS my hands are no longer much good for detail work. Also, I have a seventeen year old who is just starting to get into cosplay and is always borrowing my old stuff!
    From
    south east
    Apr 19, 2010, 10:42 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #61

hi new member here. im a collector of lawenforcement memorabilia real and from tv/movies. im also former lawenforcement. i have a lot of photos of my collection on flickr. don,t have any real screen used props but have some reproduction badges/ids and a few patches. iam looking for ids from jake 2.0, mission impossible cia security patch, items from old tj hooker and hunter tv shows.
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Reno, NV
    Apr 20, 2010, 12:33 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #62

Big time newb here. I am mainly interested in replica guns and blasters.

i have quite a bit learn on casting.

cheers
    From
    Birmingham,uk
    Apr 20, 2010, 2:21 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #63

Hi My names jon and im from Birmingham U.K. I'm new to the hobbie only been collecting about 1 year. I'm intrested in batman props and looking to collect other heros .
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 20, 2010, 4:05 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #64

Hello all. I just recently stumbled upon this site while looking up props and repro props in general. I'dve collected a small amount of pseudoprops or repro props, and tried to design a few more. None of my attempts have been very screen accurate yet, but I try.

Most of my current prop(ish) collection is doctor who related, and as such I knew I had to join when I saw the sonic contest, despite it being too late for me to join in.
    Apr 20, 2010, 10:14 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #65

Finally had a chance to register and join. Glad to be a member.
  16. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Houston Texas
    Apr 20, 2010, 12:34 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #66

Hi

I have been checking out this site for the last few month. I look for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Conan props.
  17. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 20, 2010, 9:56 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #67

New Member Silveradam....

I custom build latex mask/props, mostly Star Wars. Characters I have made include Chewbacca, Bossk, Tarrful, Cad Bane, Zuckuss, Gamorrean Guard, and Pablo Jill.

Years ago I used to make full costumes which my friends and I wore for Mardi Gras and Halloween. The Ninja Turtles we wore in the 90's was the biggest hit with the crowds. I am attaching pictures for your viewing and opinions.

I am interested in making a mask with a movable mouth but have had difficulties in doing it. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hosp 002.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	24330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hosp 001.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	24331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hosp 003.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	24332  

Name:	hosp 004.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	24333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0875.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	675.5 KB 
ID:	24334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0861.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	709.4 KB 
ID:	24335  

Name:	100_7833.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	24336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7895.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	24337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7706.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	541.0 KB 
ID:	24338  

Name:	000_1256.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	24339  
    From
    St Louis
    Apr 20, 2010, 11:23 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #68

Hey there Im Charlee, many of you might know me from SCF and the LOH.
    Finally glad to be here!

My one only prop replica goal is to obtain a BFG9000. Other than that I'm excited to look around and be a member.

-Superboy
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Italy - Tuscany
    Apr 21, 2010, 2:05 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #69

Hi!

I'm Martina from Italy.

I'm fan of Star Wars universe and I made costumes of Visas Marr (from KOTOR - Knight of the old republic) and a female Tusken (from Episode II).

I'm sure to find precious suggestions in this forum for my next projects!
  20. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    tijuana b.c. mexico
    Apr 21, 2010, 2:38 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #70

hello to all My name is juan alberto chucuan and all call me chucuan jeje im from tijuana mexico and i'm working in my iron-man suit and a have some tips from this great forum and all people that made great cosplay i'm glad finaly im a member to coment all great posts.

[IMG][/IMG]

tks
    Chucuan11

Sorry if i have bad write jejejej
  21. Lestat is offline Lestat
    Apr 21, 2010, 5:38 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #71

Hi all,

I couldn't figure out where to post this.

a prop collector , who has appeared on several V sites (he primarily collects V stuff), has also conned lots of people out of goods and money, and currently has several V props for sale on ebay, my question is, am I allowed to name him or his aliases here, in order that no one else gets ripped off, or would that be against the rules?
  22. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    South Carolina
    Apr 21, 2010, 9:13 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #72

Howdy,

I've known about the RPF forever, but never had a compelling reason to join. About two years ago, my lifelong interest in Indiana Jones spilled over into insanity when I joined Club Obi-Wan. My wallet has been in shock ever since. I joined the RPF mostly to have access to IJ prop info. My own prop experience is limited to a Grail Diary, Indy's flashlight from Crystal Skull, and working with Wade Egan on producing a Webley WG Army resin mold & kits. I have finished out a couple of these:

RaiderZee
  23. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Northwestern USA
    Apr 21, 2010, 2:29 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #73

Salutations!

I'm an hobbyist propmaker, I mostly collect TOS STAR TREK items but build Mythos inspired props from the stories of H.P. Lovecraft and others. I own my own company that bores me to tears but pays the bills and allows me to indulge in the escapist hobbies I love.

On Deviantart I go by vonmeer and many of my props can be found there. I don't and won't sell any props, I'm purely a collector of mostly my own works.
    From
    Baltimore MD
    Apr 21, 2010, 2:57 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #74

Lestat said: View Post
    Hi all,

I couldn't figure out where to post this.

a prop collector , who has appeared on several V sites (he primarily collects V stuff), has also conned lots of people out of goods and money, and currently has several V props for sale on ebay, my question is, am I allowed to name him or his aliases here, in order that no one else gets ripped off, or would that be against the rules?
    Hey Bro!!! Welcome Yes you can post a warning thread aka, buyer beware thread. PM me if you need any more details on it. We sadly have a few threads of that nature around, but on the plus side...it has saved many of us from being conned
  25. Lestat is offline Lestat
    Apr 21, 2010, 3:18 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #75

MooCriket said: View Post
    Hey Bro!!! Welcome Yes you can post a warning thread aka, buyer beware thread. PM me if you need any more details on it. We sadly have a few threads of that nature around, but on the plus side...it has saved many of us from being conned
    Thanks for your help bud,

just posted the warning, this is the fourth site today that a warning about him has been posted, a mutual friend posted one on sirian visitors, several people did so on visitorsamongus, and more on thevisitors.info, so word is getting out about him.