NEW Iron Man arc reactor build

magdielr21

I have been looking around the web for a good replica of the Iron Man arc reactor from the first movie. Everything I have found has been great but it didn't exactly fit what I wanted. Understandably the replicas I found for the wearable version were not as detailed as I wanted. Understandably because as I found my self, it gets very expensive. When I did find a detailed version, the arc reactor was not wearable. So this is my answer to my predicament. I made my own version with the right amount of detail for what I am looking for. I want to 3D print it. I wanted to make it from actual aluminum and copper, but with all the pieces i have, it would be too expensive, I received one quote for $4,000. So 3D printing will be the way to go. I am waiting for a couple of quotes, but does anyone have any recommendations for places I can get it 3D printed at? Thank you very much! I have also heard of people making them in batches, not just one, since it comes out cheaper. So I might do that. I will keep you posted with the progress of the build. I am sure i forgot to mention a million things so please ask away and let me know of any suggestion. Thanks Screen Shot 2013-05-29 at 8.58.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-05-29 at 8.57.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-05-29 at 8.56.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-05-29 at 8.47.49 PM.png

Shapeways could be an option, but their products are not very good, too grainy.. not smooth...

But there are a lot of people here that have made casts of some that are similar to what you have.

I suggest drilling holes under where the transformers will go. From there you can place the 10 leds in those holes and have the light diffuse through the ring yet have the leds hidden :) works great! Good luck with it, for 3d printing check out imaterialize. They're pretty good!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Is there any news on this build? I've seen posts with your stuff around but nothing more yet. I'm working on mine in a similar way to yours. Did you use Jason's files as a starting point for the pieces? I agree with the above post, for some thing like this, EL sheet is the best, or small profile LEDs.

-Mili

4000.00 dollars, wow....that is way too much ....I have spent roughly 600.00 for mine so far and I bought raw material from sources, and had a couple of pieces cut here and there....but I still have a lot to figure out , before I can even start thinking of building, cause changes are made periodically, there is always room for more improvements, however 4000.00 is outrageous in price.....keep us updated...look forward to some progress with this....

im confused... $4000? really?? Tony stark built this thing in a cave didnt he? hmmm.... damn movie.. lol well anyways i hope you figure it out! looks like a fun project..

It has been more than a year but I am finally building the arc reactor. By November 20th I will have the parts ready and will post pictures before I begin the build.

Projects have shifting priorities. I started a wearable build in May and only just did it last week.
My goal was to make it sized for kids & younger teens at 2.5" diameter. So it ain't a replica. It's a mod.
Good luck with your build..looking forward to seeing it.
I'll PM ya a youtube link to mine soon!

It's uplooooooading...tick tock tick tock.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back