New Christopher Reeve 1.1 Scale Silicone Superman statue FINISHED 11,9, new pic age 4

Re: New Christopher Reeve 1.1 Scale Silicone Superman statue W.I.P

Excellent work, as always. You're one of the most talented people on this forum, Rich - and that's saying something! Can't wait to see him finished.

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

awesome work rich, do you use fuse fx?

Last edited:

Looks brilliant mate, did you use caulking/ oils to paint?

realli looking for updates on this...looks amazing so far..can't wait to see it finished. :thumbsup

Now thats perfect !!!! Stunning work as always bro :thumbsup

I liked your first Reeve sculpt, but this attempt really takes it up a notch :) Keep up the good work!

Hi all,

Just about got this guy finished, there are a few tweaks and I still need to make the base.
I'd like to thanks my good mate daz for letting me cast his hands and I also like to thank phil for his help all those months ago.
I'm super pleased with how the eyes came out. I think they are the best I have made to date but please excuse the loose hair around it, I didn't see it till the photos

I have taken loads of pics but these a just a selection till I get the rest edited.

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

Hope you like it and thanks for looking

Re: New Christopher Reeve 1.1 Scale Silicone Superman statue FINISHED 11,9

Holy crap dude.

That is amazing!!!!!!!! I think that might be the best statue of him I have seen. I really dig the dynamic look.

Only possible critique I can give is... I don't think he has a thumbnail. I see where it is, but it doesn't look "shiny matte colored" like a thumbnail should.

Yes... my only possible complaint about this is a thumbnail issue :lol

Damn dude this is awesome. You have some scary amounts of talent.

Chris

(p.s. set up a small pc fan behind his foot so the cape blows around :) )

Seriously, those hands are more realistic then my own! *if that makes sense?**

Really fantastic work rich. Yeah the eyes came out great! LOVE the hands. Your second sculpt is far superior. Way to go!

Looks AMAZING Rich!!! Pleased the little pointers I gave helped but most of all you need to give yourself a big pat on the back.

Phil

Geeeezus, Rich... This is unbelievable. Reeves is one of those likenesses that always seems to fall apart once he's painted. This one really holds up! I'm amazed by your talent!

One small thing which could help him as the character is a bit more eyeliner - though it may look more odd in person than it does on screen. Actually, it's a bit weirdly obvious there, too... Maybe you could darken around the eyes a bit more naturally/subtly than the film's makeup dept did?

I'd love to see some closeup detail shots. I'm always impressed by the translucent layers and tiny dots and mottling that you paint into your silicone busts!

thanks guys, really appriecate the positive response.

Hydin.lol, thanks. clearcoating the nails is on the list to do and will make the colour a bit richer plus give them a slight sheen.

doug, here are a few close ups. Did he really wear eyeliner in the movies? never heard that one but I had a right old time trying to get the shape of the eyes right (ask phil) so maybe it was eyeliner throwing me.
5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

Face, hair, hands, costume are perfect. I think the biceps in particular need beefed up though. Possibly the deltoids as well.

I can't make out who that is supposed to be there...

LOL!

100% PERFECTION!

WOW fettster, your showoff threads NEVER cease to amaze me. This may be the best one yet. Looks like he may kneel and rocket up to the sky at any moment.

Just love it. :love

Damn, you must be proud of this one... That last shot - wow!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back